1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Happened To The Alternative (Credit Card) Payment Method?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Divvens, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

If I remember right, recently there was a direct credit card payment option that was added. I don't see that anymore and it just gives me the option to check-out via PayPal.

Problem is, my card isn't accepted by PayPal for some reason even though almost every card processor (including stripe) accepts my card. I was hoping to renew but now there seems to be a hurdle.
  2. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

You don't need a PayPal account to pay with credit card, just follow these steps:
  3. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Should re-read the OP again. It isn't the account that is the issue but rather the credit card is not accepted by PayPal.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  4. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, that happens when I try to help at 1am o_O

I'd suggest Divvens to call PayPal and ask what's going on.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It has been disabled, mostly due to higher fraud rates. I'm unsure if or when it will reappear.
    Divvens likes this.
  6. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

Oh, that is sad to hear :( I hope it can be brought back in the future or some kind of alternative payment method apart from PayPal (even Stripe is much better!)

Tried, and I dislike PayPal because they just can't sort out what the issue is. My card just doesn't work with them, and works with almost any other vendor.
  7. wedgar

wedgar Well-Known Member

It may be your card issuer has had too many chargebacks from PayPal purchases and has blocked transaction dealing with PayPal.
    My MasterCard card issuer has blocked PayPal transactions for that reason.

I had to use another card to purchase my XenForo purchase in January via PayPal.
    Divvens likes this.