What forum software did you use before XF

• Thread starter Thread starter DirtRider
  • Start date Start date

What forum software did you use befor XF

• Total voters
vBulletin 3.x - Never tried 4.x and never wanted to, as soon as I heard about and saw XenForo I knew it was right for me to jump ship.

Sadly, I've yet to have the time or financial resource to invest into the platform and see what it's truly capable of. I'm currently not running a website or community of my own, even though I have a license. Plans are there for the future, and XenForo will definitely be the forum software of choice..

Started with MyBB in 2010, then 5 months later we moved to vBulletin 4, because it was the prefered forum software within the community, and most people were familiar with it. Plus it had a lot more third party stuff; themes, add-ons, etc. Then a month later I bought a XenForo license when it first went on sale, but it just wasn't ready at the time to make the move, especially with the lawsuit and the lack of third party support. But 10 months after purchasing the XenForo license, we finally made the switch, after seeing solid progress and third party activity, and we've been using it ever since, and happy.

What I really like about XenForo are the permissions and the power you have to configure all sorts of scenarios when using them. Just looking back at what effort I had to go through to be able to setup the one configuration I have on my VB install, now it is just so easy to do with these permissions

Top Bottom