What forum software did you use before XF

• Thread starter Thread starter DirtRider
  • Start date Start date

What forum software did you use befor XF

• Total voters
Intresting to see most seemed to have moved over from VB so far
Not surprising considering that I've honestly never found a vB5 forum in my usual web searching/browsing. That product is dead.

I have been seeing more and more XF forums though, which is nice.

Was on Vbulletin on my own small site, moved to Xenforo
Was staff on another site which moved from VBulletin to IPB (they were thinking of XF, but decided on IPB, which sucked)

I owned a vBulletin license. Started on vB3, then vB4, then I moved all of my sites over to xenForo the second it went live.

I did not mind VB4 that much until the current issues with security and core function being an issue. So I thought better get out now while I still have some type of forum to import to XF. As we all know VB5 is just a no go all round

Well this is what I was expecting to see myself as VB is losing market share rapidly by the looks of stats

In the early days I used UBB. Then I went to vB 1.x and so on. With all the problems of vB 4.x I finally decided to go to Xenforo. Hopefully the last switch that I need to make :)

Started with phpBB then started using vBulletin 3 in the Gamma days. After vBulletin 4 came out I started looking else where and found xenForo.

Well this is what I was expecting to see myself as VB is losing market share rapidly by the looks of stats

I have three vB licenses.. (one vB4) I have zero use for any of them.. Lot of money flushed down to toilet but it is what it is..

I even tried to build a forum on a spare vB license with the intention of porting it to XF when i had the extra funds for another license.. However after a year of basically nothing happening i finally bought my most recent XF license ported the site and have gotten more done on that site in the last week then i could be bothered to do in the past year on vB.. Unfortunately the domain sat for so long its expiring, now that i actually have a site worth opening to the public..

just ditched VB after 8 years. They have literally no customer appreciation. When you're loyal to a company for that long, and they can't do anything nice in return, then see ya later!

But heck, after viewing the admin here, I am mad that no one showed me xenforo years ago! damn! I like this!

Started on UBB for a bit, I believe, then moved to phpBB2, then to SMF for a very long time, then to phpBB3, then I took over and we moved to XenForo - shortly after celebrating a decade of the site being in existence.

I used phpBB3 and I created the largest official forum for the best comedian actor in ME. Also, I used myBB, SMF and vBulletin license but it was stolen :( .

Currently, I'm launching a community using xenforo and I'm very proud to be XF user. ;)

well installation took all of 4 minutes. off to a good start. now the tricky part is letting my users know the forum finally exists! i really like the admin panel - definitely more user friendly than vb.

I started with SMF then to phpBB3 then a phpBB3/Joomla bridge, followed by Kunena and finally Xenforo.

Very happy we choose Xenforo

Started with free forums like proforums and such. Then when I finally started owning my own sites instead of using freewebs I went to SMF to MyBB to SMF again to vB to SMF again to XF now.

Historically speaking, my next forum would be SMF yet again but after using XF, I see no reason to revert back to anything else. This is my favorite forum hands down. I even bought a second XF License which is a first for me.

Top Bottom