What forum software did you use before XF

• Thread starter Thread starter DirtRider
  • Start date Start date

What forum software did you use befor XF

• Total voters
D

DirtRider

I was just wondering what forum software you used before coming over to XF. Also what made you move over.

From my side I was very happy with my vBulletin V4 until IB decided that they had a different vision on what forum software was about. Looking around for an alternative it seemed only fitting that I should move over to XF

I thought that you look somewhat familiar. I am loving XF more every time I use it cannot wait to go live with it in a few weeks

I thought that you look somewhat familiar. I am loving XF more every time I use it cannot wait to go live with it in a few weeks
I was on vB.org staff for quite a few years and developed a decent bit of modifications for XenForo. I never really intended to switch, but the code is beautiful. Well worth the switch to a modern architecture.

Started out on IPB Free upgraded to whatever version of the premium IPB product for about a month and was loaned a spare vB license.. So got my vB start on 3.8 B1 Spent a good year there and took an eager plunge to vB4 when it was fresh off the press. That led me to start immediately looking into something that worked.. After a few ugly months on vB4 xF was released and we were waiting for it eagerly.. For the first time in many years we are happy to be pioneers setting such a high standard for our competitors to compete against..

vBulletin 3 then 4. vB3 was great but it was beginning to show age, vB4 was just a headache from the start. After persistent security issues on vB4 I began to look for other solutions, and XenForo is really the only choice from there.

vBulletin 3 then 4. vB3 was great but it was beginning to show age, vB4 was just a headache from the start. After persistent security issues on vB4 I began to look for other solutions, and XenForo is really the only choice from there.

Weren't you also on phpBB for a little while?

Voted for myBB, but I had several forums running phpBB and myBB at the same time. Converted the phpBB ones and 1 myBB over to XenForo.

Invision Free, phpbb, invisionpowerboard, SMF, vB 3x, vB4x

and a few other things.

No particular order, but all came before xF. Now its xenforo all the way.

For my first migration, which was webdesignforums.net was on vB 3.5 with a design that looked like it belonged in 1995. I upgraded it to 3.8 and gave it a face lift. Shortly after that I ported over it's mods to XenForo, and built a design review system that would take a screenshot of a website and people could rate it based on a number of things.

About 4 months later I sold it on...the geniuses that bought it downgraded it to vB4, and butchered what was a fairly pleasant design. Now it looks like junk.

Top Bottom