XF 1.4 What does deleting a user do?

kella

Have a user who wants his account removed, but this is a long time member who has started numerous threads and has been quoted hundreds if not thousands of times. This seems potentially disastrous to delete his account and/or all of his posts (which I see addons to accomplish).

Does deleting the account delete associated content?

Content is not deleted when you delete a user.

The content will remain and still be attributed to the user albeit they will appear as a guest.

You could change the user's name before deleting which will update all posts by that user to the new name. However if these posts have been quoted they will remain in the old name.

Rather than deleting the username, I suggest renaming the account. So for example the username is "John" and his user ID is 12523, what I suggest is renaming the username John to "user12523". This way if John ever decides to return to your forum, you can rename "user12523" to John. Be sure to remove all personal details of "user12523" and change the password.

Rather than deleting the username, I suggest renaming the account. So for example the username is "John" and his user ID is 12523, what I suggest is renaming the username John to "user12523". This way if John ever decides to return to your forum, you can rename "user12523" to John. Be sure to remove all personal details of "user12523" and change the password.

That's actually a really good idea, @AndyB, you'll always have the user id available for future reference.

Top Bottom