What Do You Want Out Of This Product?

Brandon_R

What do you want out of this product?

A nice, sleek, slick, simple yet functional and practical piece of software not to mention efficient, fast and optimized or a feature laden design with all the bells and whistles? Your pick. If none of these interests you how about the best of both worlds? All the features we need nothing we don't.

My Pick: The first.

Don't throw in a feature when you first think of it. Think if there's a way to generalize it, think if it should be generalized.

I want something new and fresh - just what XenForo is... I also like that I'll be able to really learn XenForo's front and back-end since I've been with it before its start.

I have to agree, xenforo is new and is certainly fresh. The best part is they don't have to keep reinventing the wheel as everything is right in front of them, just gotta have some vision, and that's certainly what mike and kier have.

It's fresh and fast right now, and in my opinion they should try their very best to keep it that way. However, you must also realize that currently there are features that are lacking, etc. and people will complain that XenForo doesn't have all of the features it needs. They're going to want a CMS, blogs, galleries, etc. Naturally these will slow down the product.

So while I want them to add features (and they're going to have to add features if they want to keep the product competitive), they should try their very best to ensure that those features don't impact the products speed, "snappiness", and fresh feel. :)

Totally agree, in the words of mike himself "We want to do those features but we want to do it right". If he truly believes that then there's no stopping this software from reaching the top.

Peace of mind and adequate security comes with a well coded product, and that's just what i believe we are going to get.

I just want a highly extensible platform without a lot of bloat.

As long as the plugin and style system is highly customizable, I'll be perfectly happy.

I wasn't even looking for new forum software, and I didn't know this is what I wanted until I saw it. What do I want - this! Fast, fun, innovative, clutter-free, different. Above all, different.

This will sound a little nutty I'm sure, but it reminds me of the days when forums used to be fun, instead of the dead-serious, lumbering beasts they turned into while being improved upon over the years. It's the best of both worlds: the freshness and fun of the original internet forums (waaaay back when), but a lot more convenient.

I mean gee, it's like someone designed a forum with the people who actually post on it in mind. What a concept!

Right now, a low price unfortunately. Not to be a total pain, but these forum softwares are expensive for the return I personally get.

What do you want out of this product?

A nice, sleek, slick, simple yet functional and practical piece of software not to mention efficient, fast and optimized or a feature laden design with all the bells and whistles? Your pick. If none of these interests you how about the best of both worlds? All the features we need nothing we don't.

My Pick: The first.

I mainly want something that works and does not suffer browser issues etc like IPB 3.+ does. However i do like the feature set in IPB and thus would like that. I don't need blogs/CMS etc. I really like the layout of this but hopefully some tweaks are made such as a better separator between posts and i do like knowing who is browsing the threads when i am in them. Other then that i hope they make skinning this thing easy like MYBB has done. That is my one other beef with IPB as i hate messing with the skin. The other would be a full working plugin system so we do not have to touch and or edit files to install modifications..

Top Bottom