What do you think? What size banners should I use and do I change location?

Bigger banners pull better - in general. I have allowed larger banners on my forums and pages for years and they do quite well compared the same banner smaller.
Yes, you may have to give up some of the look......

Screen Shot 2012-04-16 at 9.00.12 AM.webp

I'd go for 728x90 - I'm reliably advised by Google that these ads generate around 30% more CTR (which appeared to be the case when I switched from 480x60 on CycleChat).

Are you planning on just advertising your own shop products as you do now, or offering the space out to third-parties such as buysellads or Adsense?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I'd go for 728x90 - I'm reliably advised by Google that these ads generate around 30% more CTR (which appeared to be the case when I switched from 480x60 on CycleChat).

Are you planning on just advertising your own shop products as you do now, or offering the space out to third-parties such as buysellads or Adsense?

Cheers,

I am not going to use adsense or things like that. I am going to have some manufactuers that don't use retailers and the rest will be to my store for now. I also need to get new banners made. I only have one up because most that I have are too ugly for the new forum. :)

Cheers,

Since you are the cycle guy I have tell someone something cycle related. I broke my Trek 520 1986 :(

One one Bike forum they where trying to stear me to fragile bikes, I managed to break the the the crank arm where the pedal attaches. I need to figure out what is the right replacement to try and find. I know it is Shimano but it does not more on the the crank.

Sorry Jon I don't know the answer to that one, but if you register at CycleChat and post a picture of the bike + the damaged crank in the Know How forum I expect one of our parts experts will be able to help. We've got some pretty keen enthusiasts in there who know all sorts of detailed things about cranks and chainsets (and the various models that have been fitted/manufactured over the years). (y)

Sorry Jon I don't know the answer to that one, but if you register at CycleChat and post a picture of the bike + the damaged crank in the Know How forum I expect one of our parts experts will be able to help. We've got some pretty keen enthusiasts in there who know all sorts of detailed things about cranks and chainsets (and the various models that have been fitted/manufactured over the years). (y)

I will get over there :) I am already registered and have posted a tiny bit.

Top Bottom