1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think? What size banners should I use and do I change location?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jonsidneyb, Apr 16, 2012.

1. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

If I keep the banners where they are at do you think I need them a little larger? If so what standard size do you think?

If I change locations where would you put them?

http://edcforums.com/

2. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

I think it's in a good area, maybe just a little small... Like the way your site looks, btw.

jonsidneyb likes this.
  3. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

Bigger banners pull better - in general. I have allowed larger banners on my forums and pages for years and they do quite well compared the same banner smaller.
    Yes, you may have to give up some of the look......

Screen Shot 2012-04-16 at 9.00.12 AM.png

4. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I'd go for 728x90 - I'm reliably advised by Google that these ads generate around 30% more CTR (which appeared to be the case when I switched from 480x60 on CycleChat).

Are you planning on just advertising your own shop products as you do now, or offering the space out to third-parties such as buysellads or Adsense?

Cheers,
    Shaun :D

5. jonsidneyb

I am not going to use adsense or things like that. I am going to have some manufactuers that don't use retailers and the rest will be to my store for now. I also need to get new banners made. I only have one up because most that I have are too ugly for the new forum. :)

CyclingTribe likes this.
  6. jonsidneyb

Since you are the cycle guy I have tell someone something cycle related. I broke my Trek 520 1986 :(

One one Bike forum they where trying to stear me to fragile bikes, I managed to break the the the crank arm where the pedal attaches. I need to figure out what is the right replacement to try and find. I know it is Shimano but it does not more on the the crank.

7. CyclingTribe

Sorry Jon I don't know the answer to that one, but if you register at CycleChat and post a picture of the bike + the damaged crank in the Know How forum I expect one of our parts experts will be able to help. We've got some pretty keen enthusiasts in there who know all sorts of detailed things about cranks and chainsets (and the various models that have been fitted/manufactured over the years). (y)

8. jonsidneyb

I will get over there :) I am already registered and have posted a tiny bit.

CyclingTribe likes this.
  9. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

I think it looks good... the entire site looks very well done Jon. Excellent work mate.

10. jonsidneyb

I have increased the banner size to the one suggested in post #4

Is this too Large, Just Right, Too Small?
    http://edcforums.com/

11. jonsidneyb

I hope Kim or Shelly looks at this. They are the masters of what looks good.

12. CyclingTribe

I think it looks fine. :D

13. trilogy33

trilogy33 Well-Known Member

Bit messed up on an iPad

[​IMG]

14. jonsidneyb

I see that. I went back to the old banner size :(