What do you call menus which "snap back"?

A lot of people refer to them as "floating menus" even though the CSS code to use is "fixed"! Essentially it's fixed to a sector of the page regardless of scrolling.

But I second the above, annoying!

I specifically mean the kind that snaps back into place. I don't want to make a menu but rather have some options on the lower part of my site that hover with you as you scroll down until you get to X place on the page in which they "pop" into the page.

It's a crazy idea for a mobile friendly landing page meant to sell product.

I specifically mean the kind that snaps back into place. I don't want to make a menu but rather have some options on the lower part of my site that hover with you as you scroll down until you get to X place on the page in which they "pop" into the page.

Ok well I think I misunderstood what you mean.

I thought you meant like I have here

Annoying?

Thanks but in reference to the question do you know what it is actually called or no?

Is this more like it?

http://mediamusicforum.com/

The menu on the right hand side that follows you down the page?
Nice! Thanks! How does one do that?

Top Bottom