XF 1.5 What do these server errors mean?

XYZ500

Importing from vB 4.2.3. This is second import. The first import was done on a completely new installation (on a test domain) and everything went fine. This installation is on real domain and this time installed XF, add-ons, theme, customization and then started the import. But this time, can't go further than the 'Import Profile Comments' step. As far I can remember, I am doing exactly what I did previously. The 'Import Forums' step is causing errors and not running.

No content (users, posts, threads) existed on the forum before starting the import. Thankfully, this wasn't the final import on the live site otherwise we would've been stuck with downtime.

What are these errors, why are they showing up and how to fix them?

Screenshot attached.

Thank you!

Attachments

• importerror.webp
    importerror.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 6
  • importdata.webp
    importdata.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 5
No content (users, posts, threads) existed on the forum before starting the import.
It looks like some custom forums/nodes exist though. This error is coming from that.

You may be able to get away with removing them, though the general expectation if you're maintaining IDs is that content hasn't been added and then removed as that can still trigger errors in specific situations. The only data that is expected is what is created with a fresh install. (Some data may be removed with a delay.)

It looks like some custom forums/nodes exist though. This error is coming from that.

You may be able to get away with removing them, though the general expectation if you're maintaining IDs is that content hasn't been added and then removed as that can still trigger errors in specific situations. The only data that is expected is what is created with a fresh install. (Some data may be removed with a delay.)

Hi,
Thanks for your reply! As I mentioned, there is no content on the forum. The only piece of content is one page and that is being used as @Brogan's CTA Home Page. I did ask Brogan in another thread if this page will cause issues with import and he said "Pages are unique to XF and there is nothing to import for those, so there won't be any conflict - you can go ahead and create the page before you import." Other than this, I have placed banners using Widget Framework and that's all. No users, no threads, no posts. No custom forums or nodes (except this page) exist or ever existed on this installation. What do you advise me to do?

Given the context of maintaining IDs, that's unfortunately not correct (it would otherwise be fine). They use the same node system as forums and thus they do conflict. You can't have any nodes beyond what is included with a new install (they have IDs 1 and 2).

Given the context of maintaining IDs, that's unfortunately not correct (it would otherwise be fine). They use the same node system as forums and thus they do conflict. You can't have any nodes beyond what is included with a new install (they have IDs 1 and 2).

Oops, looks like I didn't have the correct information. I deleted the page and Import Forums step ran fine. So pages are to be added after the import is done - got it.

Another question:
I am not too clear about what happens to user groups/permissions after the import is done. Will they be imported as they are?

They are imported as much as possible, but we always recommend that you audit/verify the permissions are as you expect for a few reasons. First, the concepts don't necessarily match exactly, so they may not be 100% identical. Second, XenForo builds around pretty much every user being in the registered group and then getting additional permissions for specific roles. See here for some more info: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/

Top Bottom