What CMS pairs best with xenForo?

Weston

I'm looking to do reviews, news and blogs. What would you all recommend and are there any that bridge with xenForo so that forum users could comment on articles from their forum accounts?

Contentteller, hands down. It is a true integration, and then brings even more to the party. Tried Wordpress and there is no comparison.
I would say True Integration would also mean style integration. Contentteller doesnt have that. I also didnt see a "Review" module either.
Does Contentteller have automatic comment integration ?
"reviews, news and blogs." - news and blogs are easily done in Wordpress. Not sure about Reviews.

Depends on what you mean by style integration. I have complete control over the Contentteller style and theme. I can change the stylesheet or add in additional CSS entries. I have complete control over the html and php code of the themes. I could, if I had the time and a little more know-how, rewrite the style to use the xenForo CSS and modity the HTML to incorporate the xenforo classes.
Of I can take the out of the box approach and have it wrap xenforo. Personally, not my favorite option.
Yes, full comment integration. Not just articles, blogs and news, but also links and files. Plus it adds the maillists, html newsletters to subscribers, glossary, trouble tickets, RSS imports into the news complete with thread creation and using the forum thread for comments. Far beyond what Wordpress offers.

Tempting arguments on both, I like that Contentteller has built in integration and extra features like a "top threads/new threads" block but the style integration of Word is also tempting because I want it to all look like one fluid site.

I'm actually planning on two different skins for the forum and I'd like those skins to apply to my CMS as well. Is that possible with either one? For example if someone switched to the blue theme and went to the front page (Wordpress or Contteller) it would also be blue?

Contenteller may have better out of the box integration, but there's no comparison to wordpress. If for nothing else, i would use wp simply for it's seo. I write a wp article i am on first page of google in couple of hours. I have optimized and optimized and optimized the evil VB CMS and still my articles are nowhere to be found! :)

If and when I move my main site to XF, the CMS will be wordpress.

I'd go for Contentteller or Wordpress.

Contentteller has it's positive sides (like the owner uses XenForo himself, so updates will be there really quick) and Wordpress has an awesome bridge too :D

Little detail, Wordpress is free... So you'll prolly wanna use that.

Contenteller may have better out of the box integration, but there's no comparison to wordpress. If for nothing else, i would use wp simply for it's seo. I write a wp article i am on first page of google in couple of hours. I have optimized and optimized and optimized the evil VB CMS and still my articles are nowhere to be found! :)

If and when I move my main site to XF, the CMS will be wordpress.

But have your tried Contentteller the same way? See how good/bad is its SEO?

The SEO capabilities of Contentteller are every bit as good as Wordpress and xenForo. The only thing Wordpress has over Contentteller is the price, since its free. Other than that, Contentteller has far more features and actually integrates with xenForo. Wordpress doesn't. No matter how hard you try, your Wordpress content will always be outside of your forums and will never drive traffic into the forum. Isn't that what you want a CMS to do?

I actually just started developing a WP skin, because I thought it would be the only viable option for site + forum with Xenforo (my job also uses WP so I'm fairly experienced with a number of features in it, but not all by any means). But, I'm open to change, and interested in seeing what I could do with each. So, question for everyone concerning the CMS they are championing:

I am a user with very limited PHP skills (so don't tell me I need to code xyz myself, that's a turnoff). I want my website to do the following
  • Integrate with my membership from Xenforo to provide a single login
  • Comments can be posted by Xenforo users, appearing under CMS articles with their avatar.
  • I don't give a hoot about forum / site duel skinning (I can do that myself), but is it possible for visitors to change the site style of the CMS (user selects skin, like on a forum. I have coded this myself in the past, but it's better out of the box than the hack I made)?
  • Using login credentials, and based on usergroup, restrict certain pages of my website to only members matching specific group criteria (ie: premium members section).
  • Will not explode when I upgrade either software / will have updates to the integration released within 48-72 hours of a software update to XF that would break the integration.
Let the war commence :D.

The SEO capabilities of Contentteller are every bit as good as Wordpress and xenForo. The only thing Wordpress has over Contentteller is the price, since its free. Other than that, Contentteller has far more features and actually integrates with xenForo. Wordpress doesn't. No matter how hard you try, your Wordpress content will always be outside of your forums and will never drive traffic into the forum. Isn't that what you want a CMS to do?
I see that you prefer Contentteller over WP. I have never heard of this CMS before so i went to check the website (Contentteller.com)
If first impression is as important as they say, the website looks very amateurish to me. Click on the forum and see it's not well themed. The header navigation on the home front and forum is different.

And if someone tries to sell me on this, I'll give him a big no. And I also see the affiliate program. That will give incentive for people to push for this too hard.

"The only thing Wordpress has over Contentteller is the price, since its free. Other than that, Contentteller has far more features and actually integrates with xenForo."
I'm not going to argue with you. I'll take an open source WP with millions of websites running and thousands of free plugins over this Contentteller any day.

I don't know how many people are working behind Contentteller but I'm certain that i can find a plugin or a theme developer for WP much much easier.

You might have missed the part where Ct, which has been around for a number of years, showed their commitment to xF by migrating and then changing the design of their site to accomodate xF styling.

I decided to look for Wordpress plugins to create the same features in Wordpress that I would have in Ct and compare cost.

WordPress Help Desk Plugin - $49
WordPress Newsletter Plugin - $49
Knowledgebase - Free plugins, but they are plugins to third-part software which may not work with WP using the xF database for authentication.
Articles, News, slideshow, links - Free

And at the end of the day, it still isn't more than user authentication and theme commonality. It doesn't integrate with the forums. It doesn't drive content into the forum or forum activity drive content into the CMS.

There is no comparison when it comes to actual itegration. Nor is there any comparison when it comes to commitment to xF.

I have optimized and optimized and optimized the evil VB CMS and still my articles are nowhere to be found!
Interesting.

It's sad that the world's ugliest CMS (vB CMS) also has bad SEO.
What is Contentteller SEO like ?

Is it just me or does Contentteller "look" a bit outdated. I think it looks more like vBulletin than xenForo, I M O.

I realize you don't have acess to the control panel for Ct, but it is very easy to rewrite all of the template html to make it look any way you wish. Its default look is a hell of a site better than WP's default look!

Personally i feel Contentteller is OverPriced . Support and updates might be great but still i have never heard of it before someone posted about it in this forum .

Top Bottom