What CMS pairs best with xenForo?

Contentteller 2.1.7 released, I've not upgraded my test site yet, but I am pleased that they have already included a couple of my suggestions in this release, which I only made a couple of weeks ago, the biggest being that the Ct Twitter/Facebook integration is now working even if the xenForo integration is enabled.
cool.png

Contentteller 2.1.7 released, I've not upgraded my test site yet, but I am pleased that they have already included a couple of my suggestions in this release, which I only made a couple of weeks ago, the biggest being that the Ct Twitter/Facebook integration is now working even if the xenForo integration is enabled. :cool:
Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

When clicking on the christmas sale link in the front page.

Also, whenever I click on any 'read more' half of the time I get a scroll bar in that area. Click it again and I get to the actual page.

No offense or anything, you just might wanna fix issues that happen on the main page if possible. :)

here's my site with custom header/logo for Contao CMS and Xenforo -http://ononeanimation.com

The CMS is not integrated with the forum in anyway. They just have matching themes.

IMO if you have some coding/programming/CSS skill, you'll be able to figure out Xenforo's template pretty easy. Only took me 2 weeks learning Xenforo from scratch to theme my site. And move bits and pieces of Xenforo navigation codes to where I want.

Update ... looking VERY nice ... great job Panupat !!!

Attachments

• ononeanimation.contao.xenforo.nice.skinning.webp
    ononeanimation.contao.xenforo.nice.skinning.webp
    106.2 KB · Views: 23
That one on the site 8something or other is darn amazing. Tops in my book and even made me think it's worth not even thinking about wordpress it looks so good...

8something huh xD

Does the word wayrun come from some moves in soulcaliber?
8-way-run is a term related to 3D fighting games in general.

Generally, 2D and 2.5D fighting games don't have "free movement", they let you move in only in 2 axis; X and Y. True 3D fighting games like Soul Calibur or Virtua Fighter let you move as free as you want, with a true Z axis. We call this method of movement "8-way-run" because it lets you move free, in all 8 directions.

Even Tekken, which is not a 3D fighting game only lets you move in the X and Y axis. We call it 2.5D (instead of 3D) because it does not have a real Z axis. What it has is an X and Y axis, but you can quick tap up or down to "step" and redraw the location of the X axis. It makes it look like it has a Z axis, even though it really doesn't. You can think about it logically if you know anything about Tekken. In Tekken, lets say someone is attacking you with a very linear move that you can "step" to get out of the way. This situation does not happen often, because most moves share the same linearity because of the lack of a true Z axis. But if you do step, you can only step left or right.

In both Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur, the idea of "step" is ingrained on the very core of the game, because the true 3D axis leads to movesets which are designed around the engine. So certain moves are linear, but only to one end of the Z axis. When you step, you can not only step left or right; but you can also step left-back, left-forward, right-back and right-forward. In fact, you can have situations where a move can be handled such as: "you can only step this move right; if you step right, you can step and punish... if you step left, you will get hit and take step counter damage."

8-way-run is a term related to 3D fighting games in general.

Generally, 2D and 2.5D fighting games don't have "free movement", they let you move in only in 2 axis; X and Y. True 3D fighting games like Soul Calibur or Virtua Fighter let you move as free as you want, with a true Z axis. We call this method of movement "8-way-run" because it lets you move free, in all 8 directions.

Even Tekken, which is not a 3D fighting game only lets you move in the X and Y axis. We call it 2.5D (instead of 3D) because it does not have a real Z axis. What it has is an X and Y axis, but you can quick tap up or down to "step" and redraw the location of the X axis. It makes it look like it has a Z axis, even though it really doesn't. You can think about it logically if you know anything about Tekken. In Tekken, lets say someone is attacking you with a very linear move that you can "step" to get out of the way. This situation does not happen often, because most moves share the same linearity because of the lack of a true Z axis. But if you do step, you can only step left or right.

In both Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur, the idea of "step" is ingrained on the very core of the game, because the true 3D axis leads to movesets which are designed around the engine. So certain moves are linear, but only to one end of the Z axis. When you step, you can not only step left or right; but you can also step left-back, left-forward, right-back and right-forward. In fact, you can have situations where a move can be handled such as: "you can only step this move right; if you step right, you can step and punish... if you step left, you will get hit and take step counter damage."

:cool: always wondered about the name...

Top Bottom