What can be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disrelation

This thread is directed more-so towards Kier, Mike and Ashley but I thought this question would be better asked publicly rather than directly in a ticket or private conversation.

What can I, or the community do to change the current situation of XenForo? How can we help? Should we send another bottle of Scotch to cheer up the fantastic three (fantastic five actually for Jake and Slavik doing such a wonderful job keeping the customers at bay, I applaud you both)?

Right now, every XenForo customer is sitting in the dark and the confidence this community and customers has invested into XenForo is beginning to perish, followed by threads like this; http://xenforo.com/community/threads/things-sure-have-changed.36129/

The fact is, we're understandably unhappy. Understandably? Yes, understandably. I use this word carefully. Ashley posted a thread recently (http://xenforo.com/community/threads/august-update.35633/) but it was a bit... vague (for lack of a better word) and really, said nothing at all about what's going on behind the scenes. Rightfully so, XenForo customers want to be informed of the current situation regarding not only the law suit but between the staff as there has been numerous rumors about Mike being unhappy with Kier and Ashley due to the law suit, Mike leaving XenForo, etc. (i.e. http://xenforosucks.com/2012/09/04/mike-sullivan-leaves-xenforo-dispute-kier-darby/) and honestly, I'm beginning to feel inclined to believe these rumors because of the way this situation is being handled by XenForo. :(

What I'm trying to get at is, please don't keep us in the dark any longer. It's self-destructive and is only hurting your customers and the community that stands behind XenForo even more. We understand there are personal reasons that may be at play but don't be vague about it, just tell us know things really are and we will continue to support you and not only that but we will respect you even more for going the extra mile to keep us in the loop which ultimately, keeps us happy. I was once able to suggest XenForo to anyone who was considering building a community and now, I'm uncertain if even I should stay as a customer. Please, change this because THIS IS NOT HOW I WANT TO FEEL WHEN I THINK OF XENFORO.

Your customers are behind you, I am behind you. I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say this, we are willing to go the extra mile for this company if you're willing to play ball and go the extra mile to keep us happy by keeping us up to date and the KAM team popping in once a week or so, just to make a reply to a thread or make a thread and tell us how your day was. Anything, we just want to be able to say with confidence, that you're alive. I really do hope that all three of you can take some time to read this and make a response, it would mean a lot to all of us.

Again, I applaud both Jake and Slavik for their hard work and dedication to XenForo and this community. You both have done an above excellent job keeping this community and it's members in it's place. Thank you.

At the first hint of any negativity that is anything but constructive and non-provocative, I will request that this thread be closed. Don't ruin it for others. :)

[deliberately negative]This thread sucks. This has been done before[/deliberately negative]

Can the thread be closed now?

Seriously, not another one of these...
You should take a step back and put yourself in KAM's shoes and ask yourself, would you want to come back to a community that makes comments like this to threads that are only trying to be supportive and positive through this rough time? No one wants to come back to something (especially work) that is full of negativity, at least I wouldn't.

You should take a step back and put yourself in KAM's shoes and ask yourself, would you want to come back to a community that makes comments like this to threads that are only trying to be supportive and positive through this rough time? No one wants to come back to something that is full of negativity, at least I wouldn't.
My comments were unfair. I have deleted my post.

I'm actually not trying to be negative, but actually that's the direction this thread will go. Even if you did have the most positive of intentions. I've seen loads of them, I'm sure you have that absolutely haven't had the best intentions.

But despite your good intentions, you've asked the same question "give us more information". This isn't going to end nicely - I guess I haven't helped matters. I'm sorry. Maybe things are making me cynical.

My comments were unfair. I have deleted my post.

I'm actually not trying to be negative, but actually that's the direction this thread will go. Even if you did have the most positive of intentions. I've seen loads of them, I'm sure you have.

But despite your good intentions, you've asked the same question "give us more information". This isn't going to end nicely - I guess I haven't helped matters. I'm sorry. Maybe things are making me cynical.
Thank you and I know, that is why I've requested this thread be closed already. The purpose of this thread was to restore a little positivity and hope in this community but I guess I shouldn't fool myself as this thread will more than likely end the same way the thread before this one and the one that will come after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom