What brought you to XenForo?

It was @Clickfinity's CycleChat forum that brought me here. (y)

He'd converted the site to XenForo and I liked what I saw. I was about to embark on running my own forums but felt that I should start with free forum software (phpBB). After running that for a year, the litigation against XenForo ended and there was a discount at the time to mark this. I felt that it was time to move onto better software than phpBB and so I bought it. I've not looked back since. :D

...registered and bought it the day of release and converted my site at the time to the beta :D

Found a comment about xenForo on the vB site and did a search. As with Lisa, bought and used in beta because the beta was better than what I was using at the time. I do still have my two licenses of vB4 and use them but anything new is on xenForo.

So once again, How did you end up using XenForo?(i.e. What led you over to it?)

I read about @Kier and @Mike doing something new after vB (on an admin forum or perhaps even vBulletin) and came over to have a look at what was going on.

I had a growing cycling forum that I'd migrated from vB3 to IPB 3 Suite so wasn't particularly looking to change software at the time, I just wanted to wish the guys well and watch how things developed.

Within days I'd bought a license and decided to start a new forum around the theme of science, tech and computers. The more I used it, the more I liked it, and as it matured I thought about it as a replacement for my larger, busier forum. From a practical point of view it didn't have enough of the right features for me to move straight away so I hung around until it did and then migrated CycleChat in 2011. Far from being a nightmare (through having to drop a lot of "features") it was actually quite liberating, letting go of a lot of the finer controls and allowing members to do more on the site than previously. I haven't looked back once and neither have my members; they've embraced it from day one (we're now at nearly 4M posts!).

Over time I've acquired 8 licenses and bought add-ons for most of them. I'm firmly in the XF camp in terms of continued support for the team and product, and I only need to visit, use, or login to another forum product ACP to appreciate XF all over again (although I will readily admit to being very biased! :ROFLMAO:).

Personally I feel like I've had plenty of return on my investment and would have no trouble in recommending XF to anyone whose community is ready for a change. (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

How did you end up using XenForo?
Wasnt happy with vB4.
Saw the Xenforo thread on vBulletin.
Check out Xenforo beta and was very impressed.
Heard vBulletin was suing Xenforo ... bought Xenforo to show support for the little guy.

Fast forward 5 years .... now vBulletin will be the little guy soon.

vBulletin 4 was all right.

We didn't move out of spite or anything, we simply moved to try something different. We've been happy with XenForo ever since.

IPB4 :(

I moved from vB to IPB some years ago and moved away from IPB when they release 4.0 couple months ago.
Both xf and xfmg are a solid platform and it's a pleasure to be part of this knowledge and helpful community.

Beside the software, staff/support is very fast and helpful in theses forums and this is one of xf strongest value too.

I developed for a long time as a hobby. A friend of mine showed me XenForo despite not having a community to run it on. I always liked the core but never really got involved. Then, when my fiance (now wife), was in labor with our son (for 3 days), I had the computer with me and decided to start a chat add-on (no longer distributed), while I was bored and stuck in the hospital room. I liked the core software so much and the community quickly grew on me so I decided to keep making add-ons.

Top Bottom