What book are you reading??

Authors I read: Terry Pratchett (Discworld series), Stephen Baxter (various), Jim Butcher (Dresden Files), and Robert J. Sawyer (various).

Currently on my reading list: WWW: Wake and Ark. Also have a Michio Kaki book to read as well as The Infinite Book (about infinity, first couple of chapters are f'ing depressing!).

I've just finished Uprising by Scott G Mariani (if you enjoy vampire novels - with vampires that don't sparkle in sunlight - then give it a whirl) it was a pretty good read and I'm looking forward to book 2. Like Floris, I'm also in the process of writing a novel. Actually I'm writing two at the same time - but one is a manual and one is a work of fiction.

I'm debating whether to pick up the latest Sookie Stackhouse novel to read next or go with one of the "To be reviewed" pile of books I get sent occasionally.

Just read a whole bunch of Nalini Singh books... definately Chick books, and very good ones if you enjoy that kinda thing! She writes in a genre called Paranormal Romance, her books contain lots of sex and blood, but no sparkling Vamps in sight!

Also currently reading a Jon Cleary - Crime Fiction writer.

Re-reading 'The Codex Alera' by Jim Butcher.

First book is a very slow read, but the 2nd-4th (Haven't read the last two yet, re-reading the series before I buy them) are much easier to keep up with (Not as slow).

Re-reading 'The Codex Alera' by Jim Butcher.

First book is a very slow read, but the 2nd-4th (Haven't read the last two yet, re-reading the series before I buy them) are much easier to keep up with (Not as slow).
fantastic series of books - might reread them now you've mentioned them. I love Jim Butcher :D

I've just finished Uprising by Scott G Mariani (if you enjoy vampire novels - with vampires that don't sparkle in sunlight - then give it a whirl) it was a pretty good read and I'm looking forward to book 2. Like Floris, I'm also in the process of writing a novel. Actually I'm writing two at the same time - but one is a manual and one is a work of fiction.

I'm debating whether to pick up the latest Sookie Stackhouse novel to read next or go with one of the "To be reviewed" pile of books I get sent occasionally.

*Looks at review pile* - good luck with that one :eek:

Currently reading "In Human" - Anna Dusk, werewolf novel from the POV of a young girl who is going through slightly more than puberty. Interesting flow of consciousness approach. Only thirty odd pages in so am still evaluating.

I didn't really like the first book, but the 2nd-4th one are much better.

I -might- read the Dresden Files, though its out of my comfort zone for reading.

The TV series was kind of like a cliff notes for the book series. Only skimmed the surface (and twisted a lot of stuff for the sake of TV), but it's a decent entry point. Think Sam Spade + bad luck + wizards + vampires (multiple types), werewolves, Faeries (their spelling, not mine), and a whole bunch of other stuff.

*Looks at review pile* - good luck with that one :eek:
hehehe you too?

I didn't really like the first book, but the 2nd-4th one are much better.

I -might- read the Dresden Files, though its out of my comfort zone for reading.

I read the Dresden Files before the Alera Codex - excellent set of books.

The TV series was kind of like a cliff notes for the book series. Only skimmed the surface (and twisted a lot of stuff for the sake of TV), but it's a decent entry point. Think Sam Spade + bad luck + wizards + vampires (multiple types), werewolves, Faeries (their spelling, not mine), and a whole bunch of other stuff.
See, I'd disagree. The TV series was barely recognisable as being related to the books. The only clue was in the name of Harry. Although I did love their portrayal of Bob. And they did pick the best man for the job of Harry. Apart from that the TV show sucked :D

Top Bottom