What are you listening to?

Something you'll either love or hate :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the above post also reminded me of moby :)

Before most of your times. Not mine though! :)

Listening to right now, headphone on and can(s) of larger! :)

My wife preach the Litany of Undone Honey-Do's.

Yes, it will be a beautiful weekend. Why she can't see the logic of playing golf over mulching flowerbeds is beyond me.

Philadelphia, 1976 (Oct 15th). Snuck out of the house to go. They were the opener for Blue Oyster Cult. A year later, other bands were opening for them.

I had a bunch of drafting to do tonight so on went Rhapsody and I listened to several new releases. The song that struck me the most out of all four albums was this one by Birdy.

Let's revive the 80's once again :)

There are some musicians that are so good live that I prefer to buy those performances over studio recording any day, since it is as if the latter is missing "something." Ingrid Michaelson, an American independent/indie pop and rock musician, is one of them, and one of my favorite live performances by her is "End of the World" for the 2011 ASCAP "I Create Music EXPO":

The details given below the YouTube video is interesting:
One of the most memorable moments from the 2011 ASCAP "I Create Music" EXPO was when singer-songwriter Ingrid Michaelson performed a brand new song, "End of the World," while participating on a panel with hit songwriters John Rzeznik (Goo Goo Dolls), Dan Wilson (Semisonic, Adele, Dierks Bentley) and Nashville writer Chris Stapleton. The other writers had all each just performed one of their best-known songs. Ingrid courageously introduced a new song, "End of the World," and performed it. Before she had even struck the last chord on the piano, the entire EXPO audience erupted in a standing ovation. It was a powerful moment.
Since I am talking about live performances by Miss Michaelson, here is "Parachute," a song commonly mistakenly thought written by a more popular English musician:

Ingrid wrote it for Cheryl Cole, right? And since Cheryl's version was released first, I imagine many people mistakenly believed it was her song. (Ingrid's version is better, though. ;))

I'm actually listening to another indie pop/rock artist, Meiko, and a remix of her new single "Leave The Lights On." (free download)

Top Bottom