What are you doing (to your members) for April Fools?

I'm going to close down the spam games forum and make a global announcement that the website is now for premium members only. If they want content, they have to pay monthly. :p

...is what I wanted to do but I'm in the middle of setting up a new dedicated server. I don't have the time to prank them. :(

Each year I've done something on my forum and the old timers all realize what is going on.
I think it's gotten old on my site. So nothing this year.

This is the first time... I managed to do something simple and less intricate instead. I just made a global announcement saying that I'm retiring and handing over the reigns to my coders. :p

Back when I ran my old site, my friend and I told our 30k members that we had sold the site in a bit post to a cooperate company who quickly started changing rules and being completely official in everything.

The 2 new "admins" taking over were sloof and lirpa. It was a good day :)

Back when I ran my old site, my friend and I told our 30k members that we had sold the site in a bit post to a cooperate company who quickly started changing rules and being completely official in everything.

The 2 new "admins" taking over were sloof and lirpa. It was a good day :)
Be careful. I did that several years ago and it did not go over well.
Then most recently someone did offered to buy my site.
My members thought it was an early joke.

I'm actually going to use Lynne's little mod from vB.org on my vB site.
PHP:
$newavatar = rand(1,20);
$this->post['avatarurl'] = "avatarlocation/image_$newavatar.gif";
I uploaded 200 avatars to be used randomly.

I've changed my cover page logo
Put my forum logo up-side-down
Changed my avatar to a Jester
And finally made an announcement on my forum, facebook, and Twitter that Google had bought us (props to those who help promote the last joke. Ended up with over 100+ guest)

Not quite...
logo.png

(too lazy to transparentize)

Well, it is Friday, after all... :whistle:

p.s. Just visited a forum I frequent, who has reconfigured their forum index into a Clue sheet. :ROFLMAO:

Not quite...
logo.png

(too lazy to transparentize)

Well, it is Friday, after all... :whistle:

p.s. Just visited a forum I frequent, who has reconfigured their forum index into a Clue sheet. :ROFLMAO:
We're I a member of your community I would either laugh or cry. At this point, I really can't say which it would be. But regardless, cheers!

We're I a member of your community I would either laugh or cry. At this point, I really can't say which it would be. But regardless, cheers!
It's also playing at the top of every hour on the station. :giggle: Worst purchase I've ever made (to get the song, that is). :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom