What are the essential add on's ?

Blue chummer

Still working on my new forum.

To the large and experienced forums out there, what Add on's do you find to be a essential part of your community?

Looking for Add on's that your community likes/uses and now can not live without.

thanks for your suggestions!

What is your forum about?
That can dictate to some extent which add-ons may be useful.

Hi Brogan. Its a world saltwater fishing forum. I have a word press home page.
the word press is bridged with xf-wordpress bridge.

I plan to use your featured threads add on.

1- I would like a good trophy/awards add on where I can modify the trophys,points etc.
2-I would like a good videos etc add on, (xen media?)
3- Great smile add on
4-I would like a classifieds ads- add on much like this site: http://www.thumpertalk.com/classifieds/ (best classified I have seen yet)
5- I would like a very detailed reviews/ratings add on where users can review rods , reels, members etc in detail
6- Any add on that can be used for word press where featured threads or forum feeds can appear on word press (or anything to help with wp integration)

thanks everyone for your input in advance :)

1- I would like a good trophy/awards add on where I can modify the trophys,points etc.
2-I would like a good videos etc add on, (xen media?)
3- Great smile add on
4-I would like a classifieds ads- add on much like this site: http://www.thumpertalk.com/classifieds/ (best classified I have seen yet)
5- I would like a very detailed reviews/ratings add on where users can review rods , reels, members etc in detail
6- Any add on that can be used for word press where featured threads or forum feeds can appear on word press (or anything to help with wp integration)

thanks everyone for your input in advance :)

2: Definitely Xen Media Gallery
4: Good luck! But our users are really liking what we have: Custom Fields by Waindigo + Thumbnails by Waindigo. See http://www.talkbass.com/forums/for-sale-bass-guitars.126/

5: Doesn't exist yet AFAIK. Xenreviews may fit the bill (still in beta I believe), also I see that the Showcase addon by @Bob B will have more review-friendly features in a future version.

Reactions: Bob

3- Great smile add on
  • This is not needed as you can just add them as you want
And then have a look at these

PayPal Balance/Donation System
Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level
Hotspots by Waindigo
- This one you would be able to tag places on the map
[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)
XenMoods
- This is really just a fun one to have

Awesome thanks Guys! I really appreciate it!
Looks like I am going to explore most of these mentioned.

As far as the classifieds one- Kontrabass - your classifieds is pretty close to the thumpertalk one. It is heading in that direction. I am surprised no one has built a customized add on for it yet.
thanks so much for all the help.

Dave , thanks for the other addons and links(that helps a lot too) .
Pretty excited to get some of these working. My site isn't going to be live for awhile yet. So I have time to mess around with them .

Top Bottom