What are our options if we will be away during the 24 hour sale?

DomainArchitect.com

Unfortunately, it is very likely I will be out of town and quite possibly unavailable to participate in the sale.

Are there any other options to pre-pay if we would like to take advantage of the sale price but are unable to participate on the date of the sale?

They offer you the option to get it for $100, if you can't make it, it's still available after the 24h, just not for $100. It's something you know and they know beforehand. It's not their responsibility to make sure you get it for $100 .. it's yours.

They offer you the option to get it for $100, if you can't make it, it's still available after the 24h, just not for $100. It's something you know and they know beforehand. It's not their responsibility to make sure you get it for $100 .. it's yours.

I have to agree. You know, in advance, when the sale is, SO, you can do one of 3 things.
  1. make sure that you're online for a 10 minute period somewhere in that 24 hour window of opportunity, or
  2. make arrangements to have someone buy it for you, OR
  3. prepare to pay $140.
There are no other alternatives, that I know of. The 24 hour sale is just that - 24 hours.

I have to agree. You know, in advance, when the sale is SO, you to do one of 3 things.
  1. make sure that you're online for a 10 minute period somewhere in that 24 hour window of opportunity, or
  2. make arrangements to have someone buy it for you, OR
  3. prepare to pay $140.
There are no other alternatives, that I know of. The 24 hour sale is just that - 24 hours.

It would be nice to know the exact time as the day gets closer. This way we can make arrangements :p

A week notice isn't enough for some people is it..

how can you NOT get online 24h period. You are here every day! It's making an issue out of something that isn't an issue.

The time doesn't matter. You can be online, during the whole 24 hours it goes online. Shrug

People are going a bit crazy over $40 discount, while they then go out and pay $40 in gas to pick up milk from the store ..

It would be nice to know the exact time as the day gets closer. This way we can make arrangements :p

Yep that would be nice. They could say something like 12 noon THEIR time Oct 5th to 12 noon THEIR time Oct 6th. Then everyone would need to work out, on their own, what time that is in your own time zone.

However whether they do so or not, is of course, completely their perogative.

A week notice isn't enough for some people is it..

how can you NOT get online 24h period. You are here every day! It's making an issue out of something that isn't an issue.

The time doesn't matter. You can be online, during the whole 24 hours it goes online. Shrug

People are going a bit crazy over $40 discount, while they then go out and pay $40 in gas to pick up milk from the store ..

Well I am traveling that day. Total travel time is going to be roughly around 8hrs that day. Add 8hrs for sleep, and another few hours for clients...well there goes 24hours -.-

You know me, put $110 in my paypal, and i will get 2 licenses, and ask Kier to transfer one to yours when he has the time. the $10 is to cover paypal fee and my 3 minutes time of buying it.

Well I am traveling that day. Total travel time is going to be roughly around 8hrs that day. Add 8hrs for sleep, and another few hours for clients...well there goes 24hours -.-

Still, the time doesn't matter. Since you're in the US and they are in the UK, and it's 24 hours.
I am sure you will figure it out, and if not .. then it's still your responsibility to make the 3 minutes to acquire a license - not theirs. Settling on a promised date is unrealistic. I can very well imagine during beta testing a not yet discovered serious bug is found, and sets back things by 6 to 12 hours.

Wouldn't setting a specific time load the server more so than making it sometime during the day?
I'm thinking most people are subscribed to the announcement thread so they will know when the 24 hrs begins.

Top Bottom