What All Do You Need For Your Forum to Be Fully Functional?

Viluxi

I’m considering buying but I’m not knowledgeable in the whole set up aspect. What all is required for your forum to be up and running and ready for use.
When I say that I mean what kind device do I need to set up (wondering if it works on iPad) and what all the steps are. Please dumb it down, I’m not very tech savvy when it comes to these things.

There are install instructions posted here, but I would recommend a Mac or a PC as a more ideal environment with which to set it up, although it will run fine on an iPad. You'll want to use a recent one using the latest iPadOS for the best experience. It's best to be able to compare the desktop and mobile experiences to see what your forum visitors will see.

In terms of install, if you have an admin or a web host who can help, that would be good. It's a bit more involved than what a novice could deal with.

As I responded in your ticket, XF requires hosting (a server) and a domain (URL) in order to install and run XF.

An XF forum can be accessed from any device once set up.

You can choose HostGator. I personally would not. I would research and find a better hosting site as HostGator will present issues if/as your forum grows.
I already paid for a year, designing another website, I still need to finish. Now I have a need for a forum my friends and I can share on. Figured I'd add a forum to the site while I work on it.

I already paid for a year, designing another website, I still need to finish. Now I have a need for a forum my friends and I can share on. Figured I'd add a forum to the site while I work on it.
In that case make a sub-domain, something like forum.example.com or do it like this as example.com/forum or however you want it to be. If you already have the yearly subscription, just go with it, or try to get a refund and try some of the better options.

Top Bottom