What all do you lose access to if updates expire?

Brad Padgett

Just have a quick question. There may be a small window of time before I renew my license set to expire May 17th. I would then be renewing possibly on June 1st. This is a possibility and there may be a small 13 or so day window where I don't have access to "updates and support" which is what that means.

I shouldn't have to ask this but I have never had my license expire as I usually update it on time. In that 13 day window, what will I lose access to? Is it just ticket support or are there any forum sections I won't be able to post in? Will I have access to the Xenforo resource manager.

I appreciate answering my questions. I'm sure this would help someone else with the same question.

2. Support (including on these forums)
Not true.

He just loses access to newest XF updates (if any). You still can download all previous versions (afaik 2.1.1 and before).
And you cannot use the ticket support, which guarantees you a reply if you ever needed assistance like that.

You still have access to the RM, just like before. You still can create topics here and ask for help. Nothing changes for you.
I had my license inactive for months and nothing happened. Renew when it makes sense to renew.

Not true.

He just loses access to newest XF updates (if any). You still can download all previous versions (afaik 2.1.1 and before).
And you cannot use the ticket support, which guarantees you a reply if you ever needed assistance like that.

You still have access to the RM, just like before. You still can create topics here and ask for help. Nothing changes for you.
I had my license inactive for months and nothing happened. Renew when it makes sense to renew.

Thank you @sbj that was extremely helpful. I'm glad this is sorted. There was just going to be a 13 day period possibly. I appreciate your help.

Yep, @sbj is is correct. All you lose is ticket submission access and downloading any version that comes out after your ticket expiration.
You can still get support in the forum and also download any version that was available up to the point your license expired. It's not like IPS.

What does IPS do?
You lose any access to previous versions, you lose ticket access (which is about the ONLY way you get help since it's not done on the forums like here by the developers OR admins), you lose access to the market place (or at least you used to) and pretty sure that their "customer" area of the forum (for posting) is also read only.

@Liam W
I think there is a much worse thing than those mentioned things by @Tracy Perry. Those things are already horrible, but the meaning of a particular thing is worse than it looks to be.

Imagine you bought something from their market place. Imagine one of the addons, you have a legally license to use, gets an update. Well, bad for you. You have to have an active IPS license so that you can download updates of addons you legally purchased.
It is like drug addiction. Imagine you can't live without an addon (or with many). They ensure you always have an active IPS license (6 months durations) with this system. They act like a pimp (sorry that I have to use this word). At least this is what I understand from their system, maybe I am wrong.

Top Bottom