Were you as stupid as me?

Who says I was late ;)
Maybe this post was made a bit later.

Luckily my stupidity makes people win bets hahaha
You were not stupid, or even reckless. Updating a live site to beta is not recommended, however; this just isn't any forum software, it is XenForo, and the team would never release a beta version if there were any known showstopping bugs. In the past I have updated my live sites to an alpha released version of XF, and never have I come across anything that made me regret doing so.

Now you, and your members, have the chance to put 2.2 through it's paces. I hope you update us on what your members think of 2.2: their likes, dislikes, recommended changes. This is an opportunity for some great feedback, if you so desire.

You were not stupid, or even reckless. Updating a live site to beta is not recommended, however; this just isn't any forum software, it is XenForo, and the team would never release a beta version if there were any known showstopping bugs. In the past I have updated my live sites to an alpha released version of XF, and never have I come across anything that made me regret doing so.

Now you, and your members, have the chance to put 2.2 through it's paces. I hope you update us on what your members think of 2.2: their likes, dislikes, recommended changes. This is an opportunity for some great feedback, if you so desire.

Well seeing it on here it absolutely looks amazing and sleek. However, for my forums I have a ton of add-ons which quite a large amount of them are screaming template errors that are not callable. Which resulted in the forums being shut off as it can only be accessed with Code event listeners disabled. In my case I am reckless.

Just have to make a choice whether I will just disable all add-ons, start a complete new installation or wait for add-ons to be updated and Xenforo being stable.

I started on 2.1 RC1 and will most likely run 2.2 RC1 on my live site as there were very few kinks between the RC and Stable.

That said, I take daily backups and my installation instance is also mirrored daily too.

So in other words you would update your computers bios to a beta bios with the chance that it might brick the motherboard? In the thread discussion for the beta version it said its not recommended to upgrade a live site.

So in other words you would update your computers bios to a beta bios with the chance that it might brick the motherboard? In the thread discussion for the beta version it said its not recommended to upgrade a live site.

it's also said on a pack of cigarettes that smoking is not recommended. )

We are not talking about a computers bios, but forum software coded by not a bunch of nobodies. The milk is spilt, so to speak, so take advantage of the fact by testing and giving feedback.

Top Bottom