Were you as stupid as me?

I will be the example of one you should not want to be.

Luckily it's just for a small community - in the end not a big deal.

for my forums I have a ton of add-ons which quite a large amount of them are screaming template errors that are not callable

Were those errors caused during the update to 2.2, or are they still be thrown? 2.2 hasn't made any significant changes (with the exception of the Zend framework) that would break most add-ons, so those add-ons should not be throwing errors unless they make use of the Zend framework.

I will be the example of one you should not want to be.

Luckily it's just for a small community - in the end not a big deal.
Freud would say that when you were making your decision, an option to start this thread seemed more valuable for you than your small community, otherwise you'd backup.

0CE08DC4-C575-499A-B1A3-6319FC8ED3D6.gif

Were those errors caused during the update to 2.2, or are they still be thrown? 2.2 hasn't made any significant changes (with the exception of the Zend framework) that would break most add-ons, so those add-ons should not be throwing errors unless they make use of the Zend framework.

I'll have to check in a bit, it were errors like canViewMedia that is not callable on an User entity. Something along those lines. The same title for add-ons like Tickets, DBCredits, etc...

Freud would say that when you were making your decision, an option to start this thread seemed more valuable for you than your small community, otherwise you'd backup.

Exactly, I am all the bad things you think I am.

ps. there is no way to revert it back a version ago right?
There is, but it requires expert knowledge and time.
You basically would have to undo schema changes and convert back data to format/structure used by XF 2.1.
Once you've done that you would have to reupload the XF 2.1 files and reimport/rebuild master data.
But I don't think there are a lot of perplex here (including very experienced developers) who have done this at least once or would be willing to take such a job.

[LIST] [*]ErrorException: Template error: Method canViewMedia is not callable on the given object (XF\Entity\User) [*]src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1160 [*]Generated by: x [*]Jul 25, 2020 at 7:25 PM [/LIST] [HEADING=2]Stack trace[/HEADING] #0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Method canViewM...', '/home/name/...', 1160, Array) #1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1160): trigger_error('Method canViewM...', 512) #2 internal_data/code_cache/navigation_cache.php(513): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(XF\Entity\User), 'canViewMedia', Array) #3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(7264): XF\Pub\App->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), NULL, Array) #4 src/XF/Pub/App.php(573): XF\Template\Templater->renderNavigationClosure(Object(Closure), NULL, Array) #5 src/XF/Pub/App.php(526): XF\Pub\App->getNavigation(Array, NULL) #6 src/XF/App.php(2075): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml(' <div class...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html)) #7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\App->renderPage(' <div class...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html)) #8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html') #9 src/XF/App.php(2270): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() #10 src/XF.php(417): XF\App->run() #11 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App') #12 {main}

...or are they still be thrown?

They are getting spammed in the error logs.
It takes some time to track down what add-ons are causing these issues. I don't really see the name of an add-on in this one for example.

They are getting spammed in the error logs.
It takes some time to track down what add-ons are causing these issues. I don't really see the name of an add-on in this one for example.
So did you finish the upgrade and it started to throw errors when you visit a forum? Or 'oops' happened during the upgrade?

I would disable all add-ons (not uninstall). So if you lucky and will get it fixed, you'll enable them one by one. All the data created by add-ons will be still there. If this would not help, I would revert all customized templates.

So did you finish the upgrade and it started to throw errors when you visit a forum? Or 'oops' happened during the upgrade?

I would disable all add-ons (not uninstall). So if you lucky and will get it fixed, you'll enable them one by one. All the data created by add-ons will be still there. If this would not help, I would revert all customized templates.
Yes it finished and then started to throw errors.

Good tip, will do that right now.

Top Bottom