Well than.. Critique my site :) animelon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, you still do not understand, I want to put an image instead of the name of the forum, for instance in their forum, forum has games, then you put a picture and took the text, how?

He's talking about the category strips:

I'll get you the css code in a minute matt you just have to throw it in your extra.css and make adjustments to suit your own preference. I made the same adjustment by glancing at brogans tidbit post related to this except i floated the image to the right rather than used a fixed image.

Edit: Below is the code I used because I wanted to float my image to the right but you only need to make minute changes if you wish to use fixed width images in your category headers. All of the code can be thrown into the extra.css template. The node_X refers to your node Id which you'll have to insert for each category to show it's unique image/header.

Code:
.nodeList .categoryStrip {
    background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/gradient.png") repeat-x bottom #dddbdb !important;
    border: 1px solid #b4b4b4 !important;
    border-radius: 4px 4px 4px 4px !important;
    color: #ff0000 !important;
    font-size: 10px !important;
    margin: 0;
    min-height: 6px;
    padding: 0px 0px 0px 5px !important;
}

fieldset .nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_13 .categoryText {
    background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/13.png") no-repeat scroll right center transparent;
    height: 40px;
}

fieldset .nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_3 .categoryText {
    background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/03.png") no-repeat scroll right center transparent;
}
fieldset .nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_18 .categoryText {
    background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/18.png") no-repeat scroll right center transparent;
}
fieldset .nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_22 .categoryText {
    background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/22.png") no-repeat scroll right center transparent;
}
fieldset .nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_7 .categoryText {
    background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/7.png") no-repeat scroll right center transparent;
}

Probably the coolest sites i've been on with xenforo. I guess a lot of works to do it :D
Just few suggestions:
Add more padding in the navbar, from 10px to 12-13px I guess, because the arrow is a bit out of the button;
I guess you can change "come back soon" text with a img or something else :);
And at the end if you want you can customize the scrollbar too I guess you can be the best site I ever seen ^^
I really like your work
Grats

Ok if anyone knows to make this change and want to help me be very grateful! ;)

I guess is just a template included in all pages.
I you see the code is a <ul> <li> list. You can easly do it, just find the main footer page to add the custom template or better you can use the template hook. :)

Probably the coolest sites i've been on with xenforo. I guess a lot of works to do it :D
Just few suggestions:
Add more padding in the navbar, from 10px to 12-13px I guess, because the arrow is a bit out of the button;
I guess you can change "come back soon" text with a img or something else :);
And at the end if you want you can customize the scrollbar too I guess you can be the best site I ever seen ^^
I really like your work
Grats
Yea that "come back soon" was in the wrong place thanks for that :D
The navbars are meant to be like that but I see your point might change them :)
Customize the scrollbar? which one sir?
Cheers

EDIT site is no longer running xenforo
Due to so many emails / PC's
I closed it for a few reasons. No time, it was dead and am not really "into" anime anymore....

p.s please close this thread
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom