Well than.. Critique my site :) animelon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over all quite nice. I like how all your little icons are colored in green too, suite the theme pretty well.

Some of the green text are getting a little hard to read. Brighten them up a bit should help.

The header images you have for each forum category, I think giving them dark border, say, 2px, would help.

I like it!

The colours are really good together, those dark grays and the lively lime do work really well.. and I love the little watermelons, very cute. The use of the different images for different categories I like, but it might be confusing.. but probably not for your user base :) I have to confess I know next to nothing about Anime or the culture... I do Love those bottom sections with the Anime girls!

Over all I would say it really suits the subject matter, and looks like a lot of time and effort has gone into it, lifting it well above most forums!

Nice work :)

Darn FireFox 4 only crashing... Oh! Wait! People are seeing this...

Well, I can't say anything negative about your anime forum, Vodkaholic. Everything looks pretty nice. Got me to join, so that's a plus, ;)

I love the logo and how it represents the name of the forum. Also, the graphics are all excellent!

There's enough forums to talk about Anime in the community, or there are some anime I don't know of. So, everything looks good, once again. Wish you the best of luck with the forum.

Good work on it! :)

Over all quite nice. I like how all your little icons are colored in green too, suite the theme pretty well.

Some of the green text are getting a little hard to read. Brighten them up a bit should help.

The header images you have for each forum category, I think giving them dark border, say, 2px, would help.
Thanks I did change it to 2px does look better cheers

Thanks Kim and M@rc too :)

I have no complaints about your site. I love that each category has a different header image. I was wondering if you actually created a mod for this, or it's just template edits that you used? Or how you did that? lol

Other than that I really like your site. The colors go wonderfully together!

I love everything about it just I hate the wibiya toolbar, its feels the same as an annoying popup ad to me.

I have no complaints about your site. I love that each category has a different header image. I was wondering if you actually created a mod for this, or it's just template edits that you used? Or how you did that? lol

Its just CSS :) as ive said many many many times lol :P Thanks

I love everything about it just I hate the wibiya toolbar, its feels the same as an annoying popup ad to me.
Yea am building my own one which I'll add one day :) I wanted the twitter and facebook like buttons to be "out-the-way" so got that for now :)

I'm sorry, I don't get wondering the forums as much as I used too. I guess I just missed sorry to make you repeat it! But it looks wonderful nevertheless!

I'll get you the css code in a minute matt you just have to throw it in your extra.css and make adjustments to suit your own preference. I made the same adjustment by glancing at brogans tidbit post related to this except i floated the image to the right rather than used a fixed image.

Edit: Below is the code I used because I wanted to float my image to the right but you only need to make minute changes if you wish to use fixed width images in your category headers. All of the code can be thrown into the extra.css template. The node_X refers to your node Id which you'll have to insert for each category to show it's unique image/header.

Code:
.nodeList .categoryStrip {
    background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/gradient.png") repeat-x bottom #dddbdb !important;
    border: 1px solid #b4b4b4 !important;
    border-radius: 4px 4px 4px 4px !important;
    color: #ff0000 !important;
    font-size: 10px !important;
    margin: 0;
    min-height: 6px;
    padding: 0px 0px 0px 5px !important;
}

fieldset .nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_13 .categoryText {
    background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/13.png") no-repeat scroll right center transparent;
    height: 40px;
}

fieldset .nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_3 .categoryText {
    background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/03.png") no-repeat scroll right center transparent;
}
fieldset .nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_18 .categoryText {
    background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/18.png") no-repeat scroll right center transparent;
}
fieldset .nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_22 .categoryText {
    background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/22.png") no-repeat scroll right center transparent;
}
fieldset .nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_7 .categoryText {
    background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/7.png") no-repeat scroll right center transparent;
}

Attachments

• Capture_space.webp
    Capture_space.webp
    120.5 KB · Views: 164
This is all I did seen as you explained it all :)

Code:
.nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_12 .categoryText {
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/cats/12.jpg") no-repeat scroll right center #595959;
border-radius: 6px;
}

.nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_9 .categoryText {
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/cats/9.jpg") no-repeat scroll right center #595959;
}

.nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_53 .categoryText {
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/cats/53.jpg") no-repeat scroll right center #595959;
}

.nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_37 .categoryText {
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/cats/37.jpg") no-repeat scroll right center #595959;
}

.nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_32 .categoryText {
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/cats/32.jpg") no-repeat scroll right center #595959;
}

Thank you! I am going to use that and try to just change the colors for each category strip. Hopefully eventually, I'll be able to use all images and for it though

This is all I did seen as you explained it all :)

Code:
.nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_12 .categoryText {
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/cats/12.jpg") no-repeat scroll right center #595959;
}

.nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_9 .categoryText {
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/cats/9.jpg") no-repeat scroll right center #595959;
}

.nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_53 .categoryText {
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/cats/53.jpg") no-repeat scroll right center #595959;
}

.nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_37 .categoryText {
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/cats/37.jpg") no-repeat scroll right center #595959;
}

.nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_32 .categoryText {
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/cats/32.jpg") no-repeat scroll right center #595959;
}

I would have done it that way but I'm using the toggle add-on which contracts/expands the nodes which refrained me from using a fixed image. :X3:

I like your site! My only critique is it is a bit slow to load and navigate. But otherwise I dig it.

I agree. Love the way everything is in harmony but get rid of the wibia toolbar if you ask me. Maybe tweak the images bit reduce the size. Other than that it's one good looking flexile customization :)

It's fast loading, colourful (without going too far), you have innovated in certain areas - always a good thing imho and the design perfectly suits your niche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom