Well looks like my computer is finally dead...

Jaxel

My computer was 3 years old (right before the Core i# line came out)... and I guess the constantly streaming weekly Break tournaments for SSF4 and MVC3 finally put it down... I never really built the thing for transport, so I guess it just couldn't handle it. Right now I'm using a 7 year old POS Dell laptop that my friend dumped on me a few years back. Either way, I won't be responding to anyone's messages anytime soon as I need to build a new computer. So of course, if anyone is willing to donate to help me pay for this new computer, that would be awesome! http://www.8wayrun.com/xenforo/

Also, I want to know people's recommendations for a new computer. Basically, the computer will be in transit a lot, so I'm probably going to have to go with a Micro ATX form factor. I also want to future proof this system as much as possible, so the more usb3.0 ports the better... I also prefer Intel over AMD. Basically, all I need to know is what Motherboard to get; if I could find a Micro ATX mobo with onboard USB3.0, that would be awesome, but so far, no luck.

I also heard about a recent recall for Intel's Sandybridge processor line. How will this affect me at this point?

Don't forget to donate! http://www.8wayrun.com/xenforo/ :eek:

2 donation requests in 1 post :rolleyes:

Look at a shuttle system, basically designed for exactly that, moving em around.

Depends what you budget is realy.

2 donation requests in 1 post :rolleyes:

Look at a shuttle system, basically designed for exactly that, moving em around.

Depends what you budget is realy.
Can't really broadcast well with a shuttle system, as well, they arent future proof at all.

And budget shouldn't be an issue. I make my money off my computer, so I can't afford to cut corners.

Get a macbook pro fully stacked with everything and you will be the happiest person in the world until the next generation comes out.
Too many of the programs I use are not available on the mac platform... Plus, I use internal device cards, so a laptop is not an option.

Yes my house burnt down the other day also, Guess its one of them weeks huh... Please help me feed my kids
Please Donate >> here <<
Now was that really necessary? Jason puts ALOT of time into coding his add-ons. And many of us here enjoy using them. So asking for donations is not out of line at all, imo.
But sarcastic replies certainly are.

I was in a similar situation about 4 years ago when all 3 of the systems I used died within a week of each other. I never requested donations, the most I did was post that support and updates would be delayed till I got a new system (Which lead to some people donating to help me out, but I never asked for it). I also didn't intend to buy a high end system, I bought an affordable system that I could work with, and then I worked my ass off to get a higher end system several months later.

While I appreciate his add-ons (Though I will not use them), he has donations requests in all of his releases (Which is fine), and he tends to be very rude to people he supplies support to. Rather than make an effort himself, he chose to ask for donations, which is just something I can't respect.

I'll probably be hated on for this post, but I feel the same way many else do (Many of which release their work here as well).

Yes that was necessary... This post Sickened me.
Guess some people have no shame... and the fact you support public Begging is shocking....
If you want to donate.... Donate to people without a Home let alone a pc.
Japan is one of the wealthiest countries in the world. They have the money and resources to recover from this and come back stronger.

Although I don't think it will happen in Japan, BILLIONS of dollars were donated to Haiti and BILLIONS more were donated to Tsunami relief. There's enough money to give every man, woman, and child in the affected areas a comfortable house, car, indoor plumbing, infrastructure, hospitals, schools, etc. for the rest of their lives. What has happened with that money? Most of it has gone to corruption, militias, and into the pockets of government officials.

The Red Cross has had their own troubles, as they have turned away California families needing assistance (not everyone living in the hills is filthy rich) and redirected that money overseas for other crises.

I can't speak to Jaxel's request for donations to fix his PC, but I don't take down the Donate button on my own website for 30 or 60 days after a natural disaster. But I do accept that I might not get much during that time. I will say that requesting $50 for Branding Free for his add-ons sounds a bit much to me.

I also have to say... I don't see any other designers or programmers requesting donations out of their release threads.

If this had been in a one of his release threads, I doubt anyone would have any problem with it (He could have asked for donations in each of his threads, and asked for advice on computers in this topic, not mentioning donations, and no one should have had a problem.

I also have to say... I don't see any other designers or programmers requesting donations out of their release threads.

If this had been in a one of his release threads, I doubt anyone would have any problem with it (He could have asked for donations in each of his threads, and asked for advice on computers in this topic, not mentioning donations, and no one should have had a problem.
You shouldn't have a problem, regardless. It's his post. Not yours. You don't like it? Don't donate. Simple as that. Seriously people, there are places where people have a donate link in their signature and they don't get any harassment for it.

I said "IF...."

Plus you are missing the main point of my post. Read post 11 for an idea of that.

You shouldn't have a problem, regardless. It's his post. Not yours. You don't like it? Don't donate. Simple as that. Seriously people, there are places where people have a donate link in their signature and they don't get any harassment for it.
So... the other 5000+ members can make this thread than?

It's not like it was obnoxious spam from an unknown. If you have a problem with it simply don't donate and move on. Or even politely state that you feel it's a bit out of place.

Seems like everyone is taking things with just a *tad* more ego than necessary.

Jason's a valuable member of the community, he's made the choice to offer his mods for free and request donations for them rather than charge a fee. He ran into a personal crisis and requested help from the community. It's not all that terribly different from PBS and the periodic fund drives when you get right down to it.

Nor is it very different from Joomla! and a lot of other OS projects. It's unfortunate, but a lot of time people DON'T donate unless they are periodically reminded.

I also have a lot of sympathy for someone that's trying to simultaneously develop AND support *6* complex mods all at the same time, and pretty much all by himself.
I understand people wanting better support, but put yourself in the place of the person trying to do it all alone... It's a lot. Having a separate discussion area for each mod might help, but that's not what currently exists. So maybe everyone should take a deep breath and try to reset?

You shouldn't have a problem with my post either by your logic. Nothing I said was overly disrespectful, I just pointed out my view, having been in the situation (And I'm sure almost every other designer or developer has been in such at one point or another).

About people having it in their signatures, I have signatures turned off so I don't see that, but it would generally be along the lines of 'If you like my mod/design, and feel like donating, click here', which is much different than requesting donations for nothing.

Top Bottom