XF 2.1 Welcome to XenForo 2.1 / Assorted improvements

Welcome to XenForo 2.1!

We said there would be something special accompanying the final HYS in this series for XF 2.1, and here it is. This is your first opportunity to help us put the new feature set through its paces.

We also said there would be a number of other miscellaneous changes/improvements to show you, so read on for more 👇

@Alfa1 One of my email addresses has been getting that spam. They show a password I phased out well over a dozen years ago, used on a site that doesn't even exist anymore. And I don't have a "screencam" either, so I'd like to know how they "got" my video. 🤣

Famous last words :rolleyes: It looks like we turned it up to 11, instead ;)

But enough talking about XF 2.1 features! Now go out there and break them all, so we can fix them all, so we can release XF 2.1 and then we can start working on XF 2.2 already! :D

Thanks to everyone for their support and we hope you enjoy XF 2.1 :)
Choosing different reactions doesn't work too well on mobile. I hit like and only like happens. The choice of different reactions doesn't come up. When I long press I get the download option in browser and then the reaction choices comes up.

Anybody else having a problem with the reaction overlay on Chrome for Android? If I press & hold the Like link it results in the Chrome menu being displayed on how to handle the link which I must then dismiss before I see the reaction list.

This doesn't happen with the two 2.x addons.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181108-093049_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20181108-093049_Chrome.webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20181108-093059_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20181108-093059_Chrome.webp
    72.5 KB · Views: 64
Choosing different reactions doesn't work too well on mobile. I hit like and only like happens. The choice of different reactions doesn't come up. When I long press I get the download option in browser and then the reaction choices comes up.
Anybody else having a problem with the reaction overlay on Chrome for Android? If I press & hold the Like link it results in the Chrome menu being displayed on how to handle the link which I must then dismiss before I see the reaction list.

This doesn't happen with the two 2.x addons.
There is a bug report for this.

I may have missed this... Did the ⚡ menu option go away on mobile?
Yes, no room for it with the bookmark menu now.

I would have thought so. I personally never used the lightning bolt on mobile. If I want new content, I don't actually want the "What's new" summary, I want "New posts" so that's usually two taps away anyway. Usually tap logo then "New posts" on the forum list.

I would have thought so. I personally never used the lightning bolt on mobile. If I want new content, I don't actually want the "What's new" summary, I want "New posts" so that's usually two taps away anyway. Usually tap logo then "New posts" on the forum list.
Just a matter of preferences. 😊 For less busy sites I find it faster/easier to do a universal one-click from the always present menu rather than going through the hamburger menu. Personally I don't see myself using bookmarks so often that I'd want that to be always present in the menu at the sake of 'what's new'.

I miss the bolt icon. I mean, it's a direct link to the most recent content of the site. Bookmarks doesn't seem to be a feature you use on a daily basis.

Famous last words :rolleyes: It looks like we turned it up to 11, instead ;)

But enough talking about XF 2.1 features! Now go out there and break them all, so we can fix them all, so we can release XF 2.1 and then we can start working on XF 2.2 already! :D

Thanks to everyone for their support and we hope you enjoy XF 2.1 :)

Everyone get out there and hulk smash!!!! 😄

Top Bottom