XF 2.1 Welcome to XenForo 2.1 / Assorted improvements

Welcome to XenForo 2.1!

We said there would be something special accompanying the final HYS in this series for XF 2.1, and here it is. This is your first opportunity to help us put the new feature set through its paces.

We also said there would be a number of other miscellaneous changes/improvements to show you, so read on for more 👇

Some great new features, looking really good and congrats on pushing it live!

The one thing I'm really not a fan of is the rounded avatars.

It might work well on networks where the majority of users have profile pictures of actual faces, but it ruins a lot of avatars that were designed and uploaded to be square, especially those with text in them and detail to the edge.

I think the square ones looked great on stock installs and complimented the default XF theme really well. I don't think the transition to round will translate well to a lot of well established sites. I'll definitely be changing them back.

All the other stuff is looking preeeeetty sweet though 😎 (ohhh!! new emoji picker is sick)

Haven't had a chance to play with everything yet...still exploring! Not even checked out the profile page on desktop yet. Just posting a things come to mind as I know I'll forget otherwise :)

I may have missed this... Did the ⚡ menu option go away on mobile?
Yes, no room for it with the bookmark menu now.
Just curius (as I can put the 'new' link back when the time comes), are bookmarks expected to be used more often on mobile then 'what's new'?
I would have thought so. I personally never used the lightning bolt on mobile. If I want new content, I don't actually want the "What's new" summary, I want "New posts" so that's usually two taps away anyway.

Because the ⚡ menu was never a proper What's New ... and thus didn't really make sense?
Now if it was a proper Whats New, using all content types across the site, then it would have had stronger usage.

Last edited:
Support and automatically process unsubscribe requests using the List-Unsubscribe header in emails
Is this enabled yet here? Not seeing anything in the footer so I'm guessing not; I was curious if Gmail was recognizing the header to show the automatic 'unscribe' link for these emails. :)

Not too keen on the like status being shown on the forum view..

It would make more sense perhaps at the top of the thread view, no? 🤔

You could have an overview to separate how many of each rating has been used in the thread, if it doesn't impact on performance too much..

We’re looking at making some changes.
Thank you for reconsidering your decision according to user demands.

We would be very happy if New posts link added in place of Bookmarks as our members usually click on Bolt icon and as soon as page loads they shift to New posts.

Many forums don't use XF MG, RM so What's new page is somewhat less used than New posts page.

If that is not possible, atleast provide an option to change Bolt icon link from What's new to New posts page.

Top Bottom