XF 2.0 Welcome private message

moses199

How do i send users a welcome private message in forum. If such feature does exist, doe a welcome message to their email also exist?

Piggybacking on this conversation ... is it possible to "Start welcome conversation on registration" only for users of a particular secondary group? I don't see any options to do so ... Thanks

So does this send a welcome message after the user has registered? If so, it does not work for me

I'm confused, how could it work otherwise?

Piggybacking on this conversation ... is it possible to "Start welcome conversation on registration" only for users of a particular secondary group? I don't see any options to do so ... Thanks

I don't thinkl you can automatically send a conversation following a usergroup promotion, but you can display a notice to them. They would not see it until they get the secondary usergroup.

"Start welcome conversation on registration" isn't working for us (XF.2.xx). I'm a new user and promise to give back to the community once I learn more. What am I doing wrong? Many thanks in advance.

Options checked / set up

Image 2020-08-25 at 12.22.11 PM.webp

Screen a user sees after registration

Image 2020-08-25 at 12.23.21 PM.webp

I am not sure if the user, who has registered, must validate before you see it, but nevertheless you are on the wrong page.

That setting sends a conversation message (a.k.a. private message) to the inbox of the user. Your screenshot displays the page after someone submit his registration. That is not the same thing. Check the inbox, that is where the message lands. And if it is not there, validate the user account first and check again.

To gauge if they're a good fit for our community we ask, "What's your biggest challenge?" If we can help them solve their problem we approve their application. Any chance there will be a way to start welcome conversation on registration?

Thank you as always, @Brogan

You would have to send it manually.
If we send the email manually, we miss the opportunity to strike up a conversation when they're hot-to-trot. Because the screen a user sees after registration is the highest-value real estate in the sign-up process. Having a quick chat with a new registration prior to approving the application is a solid process. Would you consider making adding the functionally to registration flow a feature request?

You can suggest it but it's unlikely to be added.

Unconfirmed accounts are typical spammer behaviour, so the last thing you want to be doing is contacting them by email.
[I see] Spam is not an issue for us (at present). This process doesn't require an email to be sent to the user or administration. It could all be done through the message system. Either, I appreciate the perspective.

Top Bottom