• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Welcome New User Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ragtek

Somebody suggested this, so here wo go;)

This Add-on creates a welcome thread for all new registered users.

Installation:
Upload the files from the upload directory to your xenforo directory.
Install the xml File.
Edit the options: You'll find 2 new options (at users and registration =>New Thread Category , Userid)
You have to set them, before you can use this add-on

You can change the 2 phrases (NUT_WelcomeSubject, NUT_WelcomeText ) to customize the text:)

Pls ignore the readme.html, it's german.^^

Paypal Donations are always welcome.

Attachments

Thanks for adding this! :)

I want to test this out later! Quick question: Will it only be one message always for the 'welcome thread message' or can you incorporate 3 or 4 random messages? On one of the sites that I use it looks so repetitive to have the same thread title and message on every new member thread.

On a separate note: I'd also like a "welcome message" added to their profile via the profile comments. Is that possible?

I want to test this out later! Quick question: Will it only be one message always for the 'welcome thread message' or can you incorporate 3 or 4 random messages? On one of the sites that I use it looks so repetitive to have the same thread title and message on every new member thread.
Hmm, that's true.
I'll write it on my todo list.
On a separate note: I'd also like a "welcome message" added to their profile via the profile comments. Is that possible?
Answer:
just be patient and wait a little more^^

I'll release many add-ons in the next 3 week
;)

ps:
If somebody want to donate my work, paypal donations are welcome^^

Is this normal for a member falls he gets this error at the end of registration?

Fatal error: Class 'XFCP_Ragtek_NUM_DataWriter_User' not found in /home/admin/public_html/forum/library/Ragtek/NUT/DataWriter/User.php on line 42

Is this normal for a member falls he gets this error at the end of registration?

Fatal error: Class 'XFCP_Ragtek_NUM_DataWriter_User' not found in /home/admin/public_html/forum/library/Ragtek/NUT/DataWriter/User.php on line 42
Sorry, it was a little Typo in the code.
I've upgraded the package.
Just reupload the files.
Sorry

Just be patient and wait a little more^^

I'll release many add-ons in the next 3 weeks;)
There will be 21 addons.

I will install this addon. I would like to suggest make the new user subscribe to this thread and allert upon 1st login or send a conversaion with the link to the welcome thread.

I agree with this. I wrote a similar mod for vb which allowed you to choose a selection of user ids and one of them was picked at random each time to post the message. You could also write numerous amounts of messages and one of them was picked at random as well.

Nice Add-On mate, would it be possible to have a conversation sent to a member when they're added to a specific group? In our case we have quite a few people register on the site, but a few only do so to have a nosey. Our actual members are put into a specific group and have a pm sent to them with additional info, be nice if this could be sent to them automatically when they're added to the group.

Nice Add-On mate, would it be possible to have a conversation sent to a member when they're added to a specific group? In our case we have quite a few people register on the site, but a few only do so to have a nosey. Our actual members are put into a specific group and have a pm sent to them with additional info, be nice if this could be sent to them automatically when they're added to the group.
Not with this add-on.
And also not with the soon comming "welcome conversation" add-on

IMHO it would be best, if you create a request in the request area^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom