1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome Message

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Ryan Kent, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

I am trying to locate the Welcome Message phrase for unregistered visitors.

"Hello there guest and welcome to [forum name]. To gain full access you must Register....."

I can't locate the phrase, and don't see a reference in PAGE_CONTAINER.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That sounds like an add-on or template modification to me.

Where exactly are you seeing this phrase?

3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't think there is a default visitor welcome message. I've never seen one.
    I did my own welcome message,

4. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

I believe that's part of the XenFans Welcome Blocks addon. *finds link unless Brogan beats me to it*

EDIT: It's here, though I think there is(/was?) an add-on that can be installed instead of doing the template changes.

5. Ryan Kent

I am helping Smooth set up his site: http://www.smoothforum.com

I had thought it was XenFans Welcome add-on, but he doesn't have that installed so I figured it was default XF. If it is not, then nevermind I'll take a closer look.

6. Brogan

Definitely a custom template/code.

7. Decent60

Decent60 Well-Known Member

Unless he's talking about this (located in the PAGE_CONTAINER)
    Code:
    <xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}"><br /><br /><br />
                                                    <p class="importantMessage">Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!<br />
                                                    If you like what you see in the Guest Sections, then you should <a href="{xen:link 'register/'}"><b>Register</b></a> to gain full access <br />
                                                    to the site. We have much more to show you!<br />  Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.<br />
                                                    Already a member? <a href="{xen:link 'login/'}">Login here</a> then!</p>
                                                    </xen:if>
    Just slightly changed in the version he is looking for.

8. Brogan

It's still custom and not part of the default code.

9. Ryan Kent

That was it Decent. Yes it was a customization which I removed. I presume there is a thread in the template edit section offering that change.