XF 2.1 Welcome emails or redirects

Jon12345

On my old vBulletin forum, when a member joined I would point them to a particular forum post where I list what they should do. Is this possible with Xenforo?

You can include the link in the welcome email or welcome conversation.

There is also an add-on that does this:

Now @au lait has retired but has apparently passed on the addons to another coder. See if you can still download a copy of that.

Thank you for the recommendation. I will try to find the other coder.

Can I ask, when I click the Confirm your email button on signup, it takes me to a page that says Page Not Found. Have I missed out a setting or something?

Thank you for the recommendation. I will try to find the other coder.

Can I ask, when I click the Confirm your email button on signup, it takes me to a page that says Page Not Found. Have I missed out a setting or something?
I would guess yes. Check to see what URL it is trying to find. It may have something to do with your basic settings as well - see your other thread on that.

Ah, good spot. I think I must have setup the forums and before switching it live added that user. Might explain it. Will test with another user. Appreciate your good eye!

Good idea @kelle67. Maybe I could do both. If someone comes straight to the site from the confirm email link, then they may not notice the PM for a while, so I would prefer a different solution. But I haven't seen the confirmation page yet, because of an issue with that. I will sign up again.

I managed to fix my issue with signing up and now I see the page you get after clicking the confirm registration button in the email for new users.

The page I land on is very basic. I would love to add a button saying, "Read this first". Then it would take them to a sticky thread I have that tells them how to use the forums. Better would be some redirect, but failing that, is there a way to add a Read this first button?

Why you don't use a welcome pm instead of email.
Then you don't need an addon, xf brings everything with it.

You don't need an addon for welcome email either
then they may not notice the PM for a while,

I have found this to often be the case so I prefer the welcome email.
The page I land on is very basic. I would love to add a button saying, "Read this first".

I use a big fat notice for new users to do this.

Top Bottom