Weird Sudden Error

Anthony Parsons

Got this on one site, but not my other, so elastic search is running on the server fine... and this just appeared out of nowhere today.

Code:
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: Elasticsearch error: {"root_cause":[{"type":"script_exception","reason":"scripts of type [inline], operation [search] and lang [groovy] are disabled"}],"type":"search_phase_execution_exception","reason":"all shards failed","phase":"query","grouped":true,"failed_shards":[{"shard":0,"index":"mycombat_xen","node":"o4gd4t_4SOWYHl-0rVYa6w","reason":{"type":"query_parsing_exception","reason":"script_score the script could not be loaded","index":"mycombat_xen","line":1,"col":339,"caused_by":{"type":"script_exception","reason":"scripts of type [inline], operation [search] and lang [groovy] are disabled"}}}]} - library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php:894
Generated By: Anthony, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/mycombat/public_html/library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php(348): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_logSearchResponseError(Object(stdClass), true)
#1 /home/mycombat/public_html/library/XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/Abstract.php(115): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->executeSearch('help me', false, Array, Array, false, '200')
#2 /home/mycombat/public_html/library/XenForo/Search/Searcher.php(79): XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_Abstract->searchGeneral('help me', Array, 'relevance', '200')
#3 /home/mycombat/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Search.php(255): XenForo_Search_Searcher->searchGeneral('help me', Array, 'relevance')
#4 /home/mycombat/public_html/library/XenES/Proxy/ControllerSearch.php(30): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Search->actionSearch()
#5 /home/mycombat/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenES_Proxy_ControllerSearch->actionSearch()
#6 /home/mycombat/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/mycombat/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(42) "https://www.mycombatptsd.com/search/search"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["keywords"] => string(7) "help me"
    ["users"] => string(0) ""
    ["date"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Found... the difference between both sites is that this one producing the error uses: Enable recency weighted relevance searching with specified half-life (days):

So I unchecked it and it fixed the issue. Maybe a bug?

The error in there is:
scripts of type [inline], operation [search] and lang [groovy] are disabled
The option you listed requires a custom scoring script. You'll either need to enable dynamic scripting within Elasticsearch or disable the "Use dynamic scripting in Elasticsearch" option in XF and place the scoring scripts into your Elasticsearch scripts directory (generally a directory under the config files).

Top Bottom