1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Sudden Error

Discussion in 'Enhanced Search Support' started by Anthony Parsons, May 26, 2016.

1. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Got this on one site, but not my other, so elastic search is running on the server fine... and this just appeared out of nowhere today.

Code:
    Error Info
    XenForo_Exception: Elasticsearch error: {"root_cause":[{"type":"script_exception","reason":"scripts of type [inline], operation [search] and lang [groovy] are disabled"}],"type":"search_phase_execution_exception","reason":"all shards failed","phase":"query","grouped":true,"failed_shards":[{"shard":0,"index":"mycombat_xen","node":"o4gd4t_4SOWYHl-0rVYa6w","reason":{"type":"query_parsing_exception","reason":"script_score the script could not be loaded","index":"mycombat_xen","line":1,"col":339,"caused_by":{"type":"script_exception","reason":"scripts of type [inline], operation [search] and lang [groovy] are disabled"}}}]} - library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php:894
    Generated By: Anthony, A moment ago
    Stack Trace
    #0 /home/mycombat/public_html/library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php(348): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_logSearchResponseError(Object(stdClass), true)
    #1 /home/mycombat/public_html/library/XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/Abstract.php(115): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->executeSearch('help me', false, Array, Array, false, '200')
    #2 /home/mycombat/public_html/library/XenForo/Search/Searcher.php(79): XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_Abstract->searchGeneral('help me', Array, 'relevance', '200')
    #3 /home/mycombat/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Search.php(255): XenForo_Search_Searcher->searchGeneral('help me', Array, 'relevance')
    #4 /home/mycombat/public_html/library/XenES/Proxy/ControllerSearch.php(30): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Search->actionSearch()
    #5 /home/mycombat/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenES_Proxy_ControllerSearch->actionSearch()
    #6 /home/mycombat/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #7 /home/mycombat/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #8 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(42) "https://www.mycombatptsd.com/search/search"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(4) {
        ["keywords"] => string(7) "help me"
        ["users"] => string(0) ""
        ["date"] => string(0) ""
        ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
      }
    }

2. Anthony Parsons

Found... the difference between both sites is that this one producing the error uses: Enable recency weighted relevance searching with specified half-life (days):

So I unchecked it and it fixed the issue. Maybe a bug?

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The error in there is:
    The option you listed requires a custom scoring script. You'll either need to enable dynamic scripting within Elasticsearch or disable the "Use dynamic scripting in Elasticsearch" option in XF and place the scoring scripts into your Elasticsearch scripts directory (generally a directory under the config files).

Anthony Parsons likes this.
  4. Anthony Parsons

Argh... thanks Mike. My bad, sorry.