Weird sprite glitch - php coding help

ALFrisbee

hi, i'm a real novice when it comes to php coding, and so apologies for most likely a really lame question ... but after recently reverting (i'm pretty sure it was the) Navigation template, my forum now has a quirky little sprite glitch!

website-glitch.webp

There must have been some custom code put into the navigation template (?) by my predecessor, which got blat'd when I reverted the template?

Any thoughts?

With no code and no link to your site, we can't really help!
Good point ;)
Ok, my forum is: www.xdsclan.com
Btw, the time at which this happened was when I was modifing this template to change the drop-down menu behaviour (make menu drop down if you hover on ANY part of the menu, not just the righthand side of the menu, as per: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...r-popup-instead-of-just-the-down-arrow.35340/). But I *think* the graphical glitch happened when I reverted the template, not from any of the changed code for the menu behaviour change).
I'm going to assume it's something in the css? Here's a dump of the code, let me know if you need code from the main Navigation bit: (attached)
(had to copy into txt file and attach, so not over the character limit)

Attachments

left: -5px; should be adjusted to 0px
It's forcing your background image off the body and causing that look. Alternatively get rid of the background image and replace it with a background color of #FFFFFF;

Thx 0xym0r0n.
It should be noted also that we use the 'Uniform' skin/theme ... which allows for custom backgrounds.
Alas I know very little about the workings of the skin/theme ... but think perhaps this is linked to that also, as there were some templates that got 'reverted'
naïvely, by me, after I did an upgrade of XenForo, which then told me I had templates out of date :(
With that extra info, do you still think a simple change of making the -5px -> 0px will sort it?

Actually I've gone ahead and made the change anyway, as figured I could easily change back if it didn't look right ;)
Think it's done the job!
Altho, I actually wonder whether the issue is that the button background for 'Home' should be straight down on the lefthandside, rather than a circular corner, as you can see the difference here:

1.webp

vs

2.webp

Any tips on fixing that?

For the record, the tab is straight on the left bottom corner, it's your content area that's rounded, causing the gap in style.
navtablinks the secondary links area is rounded on the top left.

His pagecontent is fine from what I see in firefox and firebug.

I think he wants a straight drop and the original layout actually moved the main navtabs to the left and not right - causing the little background image to pop out which was his original question.

I feel slightly lost right now. I'm just helping him get a straight left side lol

LOL, you're both right ... and thx to you 0xym0r0n i've now got no little missing bit when the Home tab is selected!
(and yes, you're correct re my original question).

If I was to be SUPER pedantic, i'd like to keep my rounded cnrs of the top left/right section of my main body area ... and only switch the top left to be straight, when the Home tab is selected, i.e. leave the "border-top-left-radius: 3px;" when any tab is selected except for Home.

But I'm happy with it now, not going to worry about going to that much trouble ;)

Thx again guys!

LOL, you're both right ... and thx to you 0xym0r0n i've now got no little missing bit when the Home tab is selected!
(and yes, you're correct re my original question).

If I was to be SUPER pedantic, i'd like to keep my rounded cnrs of the top left/right section of my main body area ... and only switch the top left to be straight, when the Home tab is selected, i.e. leave the "border-top-left-radius: 3px;" when any tab is selected except for Home.

But I'm happy with it now, not going to worry about going to that much trouble ;)

Thx again guys!
in that case

border radius code i gave should be turned back to 3px (reverted)

Your original issue with -5px should be probably 5px.

So you'll have a rounded corner on secondary links and a slight space at the top left just before the main tabs on the top.

Top Bottom