1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Weird javascript error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Helixion, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Helixion

Helixion Member

Whenever I try to promote a thread OR hover over the vistor's toolbar (inbox, user options, ) I get the following error in the attached picture below. java error.png

I've attached the error code also.

Attached Files:

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Promote a thread where?

If it's related to an add-on, post in the add-on thread for support.
  3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

The add-on is XenPorta, so you should post in the discussion thread for that resource.
  4. Helixion

Helixion Member

It's not just an add-on problem tho. Happens when hovering over user tabs as well.

I tried disabling xenporta, to rule it out. I still get the error. Seems to happen when I hover over inbox or alert.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What is the error in the console?

Use the browser inspection tool.
  6. Helixion

Helixion Member

I get a huge text dump (I've attached it) followed by this:

[div.xenOverlay.__XenForoActivator, prevObject: e.fn.init[1], context:undefined, jquery: "1.10.2", constructor: function, init: function…]
    ) xenforo.js?_v=fe27f07e:200

Attached Files:

7. Helixion

Helixion Member

here's a slightly more clearer log. I should add, this only happens once on every load / refresh, and then it doesn't happen again.

Attached Files:

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Your server has a misconfiguration of some sort -- it's ignoring all query string parameters. You can see here: http://cyrodiil.net/members/?type=likes This should be loading the most liked members, not the most posts.
  9. Helixion

Helixion Member

Thanks, resolved the issue.