XF 1.4 Weird home screen

I was fiddling with some basic style settings and all of a sudden I have this:

home.webp

Those white outlined black boxes shouldn't be black, they should be a shade of blue. What did I change to cause this? I can't for the life of me figure it out...

Also, I managed to get the search bar to be darker than the default white but how do I change the text portion of it so it is useable?

That whole sidebar seems to be overridden by something, suddenly... if I try to edit Building Blocks --> Secondary Content, it's just ignoring it now.

It should be noted we also just upgraded from 1.1 to 1.4 last night, and while it was initially fine, the sidebar suddenly went black. There's nothing in extra.css for it, and the sidebar.css is identical to how it was before. We have a test site that has our forum right after the update, and the style still works just fine over there, but I can't find any differences in the Style settings. This is how the sidebar should look:

Io1KYBA.png

We've been trying to fix various style issues like the notice background/text and suddenly the sidebar changed looks with no one touching it (at least not intentionally.)

This is being called in the CSS for the sidebar

Code:
.sidebar .primaryContent, .sidebar .secondaryContent

That is not default, so I suggest searching the templates for that above. It is applying a black background. I don't see how both styles would display the same thing unless you have applied a Template Modification.

This is being called in the CSS for the sidebar

Code:
.sidebar .primaryContent, .sidebar .secondaryContent

That is not default, so I suggest searching the templates for that above. It is applying a black background. I don't see how both styles would display the same thing unless you have applied a Template Modification.

hmm, I just did a search and this doesn't appear in any of the sidebar templates.

What I find odd, it seems all the styles are picking up the CSS for the style flexile you have installed. Are you sure the styles are not set as a child to flexile?

What I find odd, it seems all the styles are picking up the CSS for the style flexile you have installed. Are you sure the styles are not set as a child to flexile?

Yes, I specifically imported it to have no parent style:

zdAcd4b.png

The Spacebattles.comImport is what I pulled over from the test site and it has all the same issues.

Yea something has went haywire, all the styles are calling that CSS which is specifically on flexile sidebar styling. Almost seems flexile was imported in the default style, or something on your test site.

Edit: It seems someone overwrote a style with flexile as the footer is picking up on flexile if you notice the Audentio copyright.

Yea something has went haywire, all the styles are calling that CSS which is specifically on flexile sidebar styling. Almost seems flexile was imported in the default style, or something on your test site.

Edit: It seems someone overwrote a style with flexile as the footer is picking up on flexile if you notice the Audentio copyright.

It seems to be the other way around - the test site works as expected, it's the live site behaving oddly. I think I have an idea on what may have happened. @Xon mentioned he was importing the new Flexile to be compatible with 1.4.. I wonder if something when awry there.

I'm not sure which bit you're referring to, but try this in EXTRA.css:

Code:
#QuickSearch
{
    color: white;
}

Obviously adjust the colour to suit.

I'm not sure which bit you're referring to, but try this in EXTRA.css:

Code:
#QuickSearch
{
    color: white;
}

Obviously adjust the colour to suit.

I had:

Code:
#QuickSearch
{
    background-color: #191f2d !important;
    color: white !important;
}

But when I separated into its own block like you have it works fine. Weird...

Top Bottom