1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Errog Log Entry

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Rambro, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Everything was going fine and then my site went dead. Its back up now, but I've got these 5 lines in my cPanel error log. Any idea what this is:

2013-04-06 02:39:51.589 [INFO] [67.171.33.221:2513-1#APVH_domain] File not found [/home/domain/public_html/404.shtml]
    2013-04-06 02:39:50.846 [NOTICE] [/home/domain/public_html/forum/.htaccess:11] Unsupported ErrorDocument URL: default, must start with '/' or 'http'.
    2013-04-06 02:39:50.846 [NOTICE] [/home/domain/public_html/forum/.htaccess:10] Unsupported ErrorDocument URL: default, must start with '/' or 'http'.
    2013-04-06 02:39:50.846 [NOTICE] [/home/domain/public_html/forum/.htaccess:9] Unsupported ErrorDocument URL: default, must start with '/' or 'http'.
    2013-04-06 02:39:50.846 [NOTICE] [/home/domain/public_html/forum/.htaccess:8] Unsupported ErrorDocument URL: default, must start with '/' or 'http'.

Nothing in my ACP Server Log. It might have to do with my FTP program. It was having problems connecting and was constantly trying to connect and then failing. Just throwing it out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It doesn't like the default error docs. Just remove these lines from your XF .htaccess file:

Code:
    ErrorDocument 401 default
    ErrorDocument 403 default
    ErrorDocument 404 default
    ErrorDocument 500 default

This wouldn't take down your site though. Contact your host about that.

3. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Maybe it was just a temporary thing. Site seems to be fine. But the log added a few more errors:

2013-04-06 09:31:32.365 [INFO] [24.127.195.167:62447-1#APVH_wdwv.net] File not found [/home/domain/public_html/404.shtml]
    2013-04-06 09:31:32.365 [INFO] [24.127.195.167:62447-1#APVH_wdwv.net] File not found [/home/domain/public_html/forum/styles/black_responsive_purple/xenforo/gradients/white_50_25.png]
    2013-04-06 09:31:12.125 [INFO] [24.127.195.167:62371-2#APVH_wdwv.net] File not found [/home/domain/public_html/404.shtml]
    2013-04-06 09:31:11.929 [INFO] [24.127.195.167:62371-1#APVH_wdwv.net] File not found [/home/domain/public_html/404.shtml]

Also, and this is weird - I cannot seem to find my .htaccess file... A cPanel search comes up with this, but for the life of me, I CANNOT find any of these files:

[​IMG]
    /public_html/.htaccess
    [​IMG]
    /public_html/forum/.htaccess
    [​IMG]
    /public_html/forum/install/templates/.htaccess
    [​IMG]
    /public_html/forum/install/data/.htaccess
    [​IMG]
    /public_html/forum/internal_data/.htaccess
    [​IMG]
    /public_html/forum/library/.htaccess

4. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

You can't link images from inside cpanel

How are you looking for them? Files starting with a . are usually hidden in most FTP clients unless you check an option to show hidden files.

5. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Wasn't trying to link them, it was just a copy paste of the popup search box for .htaccess. For some reason I couldn't see it in cPanel. Still can't, actually.

In my public_html/forum directory, this is what my .htaccess file has:

# Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
    # cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
    #<IfModule mod_security.c>
    # SecFilterEngine Off
    # SecFilterScanPOST Off
    #</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
    ErrorDocument 403 default
    ErrorDocument 404 default
    ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

# If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    # line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    # of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /xenforo

# This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
    </IfModule>

So just knock out the 4 Error lines?

6. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

No, that is cpanel trying to use it's own 404.shtml file. You need to manually create one inside cpanel to stop that error message.

cpanel_advanced.PNG
    cpanel_404.PNG

7. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Sorry, you lost me there. I need to manually create a .htaccess in cPanel? With what in it?

8. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

No, you need to create a 404 error page to serve. In the pictures I posted, click Error pages, then click the 404 (not found) one. You can then make an error page inside cpanel, and it will stop those error messages about 404.shtml not found

9. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

I fixed some code in a template of mine (the theme error above) and when I checked the error log, everything's gone. Does that mean I don't have to bother?

If I do, would you mind walking me through how to configure the 404 page please? Its got 6 options and I have absolutely no idea how to work that out.

10. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I literally just have this in mine:

Code:
    <!--#echo var="REQUEST_URI" -->
    Not Found
    <!--

-->

11. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

@Mike Edge I have this on my error logs also (cpanel)

12. Jason M.

Jason M. Member

Looks like I broke this through my own ignorance. Please ignore. MASSIVE FACEPALM

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  13. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
    <!-- Access denied for user 'sammyr13_xen'@'localhost' (using password: YES) -->

Did you change any passwords?

14. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

All fixed :D

Jason M. likes this.
  15. Jason M.

Jason M. Member

Mike the man. :)

The Forum Heroes likes this.