Weekend Trail Run

Brogan, how old are you? You don't need to answer, but I've always been curious how old our version of Jason Statham was.

I thought he was a few years younger than myself. I had him pegged at 34. There's a 63 yo man at my gym who has a 1400 lb total. There's never an excuse for anything.

I had him pegged at 34.
I wish! :D

There's never an excuse for anything.
Agreed.

I have always loathed running and only took it up about five years ago.
My first run lasted 11 minutes and I needed my asthma inhaler for the last five minutes of it.
Within six months I was running 40km a week and had broken 20 minutes for 5km and 42 minutes for 10km.

Oh and I no longer have asthma.

I only wish I had taken running up earlier, like you whippersnappers :D

There's a fix for everything. Grab a few poisonous animals, chain them and make them run after dear Brogan here. He'll start running in delight. Yeah, that's what we'll call it.

I wish! :D

Agreed.

I have always loathed running and only took it up about five years ago.
My first run lasted 11 minutes and I needed my asthma inhaler for the last five minutes of it.
Within six months I was running 40km a week and had broken 20 minute for 5km.

Oh and I no longer have asthma.

I only wish I had taken running up earlier, like you whippersnappers :D
I wish I'd never stopped running. When I was at school, I was running for South Yorkshire in the English Schools championships. 100m, 200m 400m and 4x100m relay. My Mom ran for England in Cross Country, and used to train with Seb Coe when he moved to Sheffield.

I did the 100m, long jump and javelin for county and air force.
Also played rugby for Durham county when I was 15, but had to quit when I left school and got a weekend job :(

Bloody annoying how real life gets in the way of fun stuff.

Certainly is. I stopped when I left School as I got a job in the evening while at College working 5 nights a week 4pm to 9pm

Oh how I know that feeling. I've got a lengthy to-do list that's been on my desk since last May. Still getting around to doing the things on it. Never have enough hours in the day or enough days in the week. It'd be brilliant if we humans could run on no sleep.

Haha. No time for one. I've always said I won't start a family if I can't be around the house more so I don't end up being that "father" who misses his kids' games and whatnot. I work from 10-3 some days, 9-5 some days, and 11-1 some days. I come home and continue working from home until 1-2 in the morning. Most people think I live freely. Heh. I suppose the fact that they don't come with instruction manuals is a bit scary. Just to join in I had to give up footy in my later years of uni so I could focus more on my studies. Never picked it up again except for the rare pickup game.

Top Bottom