Not a bug Thread triggers adblockers when we run no ads

Affected version
A member created a thread

For some reason, and this have never happened before, this thread triggers some other members adblockers - not all, just some and with some it's an ad blocker on a mobile but they can see the thread on a desktop.

The forum does not run any adverts so it's not an ad feed into the thread that's causing it.

The thread had some photos in, taken by the OP, which have been removed just in case they were the issue - they were not, the problem still exists.

I can see nothing in any of the logs that may indicate an issue. I can see nothing that may be causing other members adblockers to be triggered.

The other members experiencing the inability to view the thread have to either disable https or disable their adblocker software to view the thread.

The thread itself and its content is of no importance, what's concerning me is the fact there is an issue with it and some other members access to it. I need to understand what's going on so I can fix it and prevent it happening again.

TIA anyone.

The word quads contains the word ads.

Unfortunately some ad blockers are that overzealous.

It’s not a software issue but one that will require fixing in the adblocker or they can add an exception for your site.

The word quads contains the word ads.

Unfortunately some ad blockers are that overzealous.

It’s not a software issue but one that will require fixing in the adblocker or they can add an exception for your site.
Well blow me down with a feather. Let me try that, I'll change the thread title. Thank you (y)

Top Bottom