Webwide | Web Designer, Developer and Maker Community | Now Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@adamgreenough Great looking site. How did you make a script that can automatically generate social media image like that? Can you make add-on out of it?

Thanks! It’s using PHP GD. I’m not sure how easy it would be to make an add-on due to the amount of customisation needed. Happy to collab with any experienced add-on makers or post some more details if there’s some demand!

Thanks! It’s using PHP GD. I’m not sure how easy it would be to make an add-on due to the amount of customisation needed. Happy to collab with any experienced add-on makers or post some more details if there’s some demand!
I would definitely recommend putting a guide on your forums on how to do this. It's very useful and I would imagine a lot of users would be interested. A good way to drive traffic to your forum too. Everyone loves a bit a free useful guide :)

I would definitely recommend putting a guide on your forums on how to do this. It's very useful and I would imagine a lot of users would be interested. A good way to drive traffic to your forum too. Everyone loves a bit a free useful guide :)
yeah that's a good Idea because I need that too and if possible a twitter one too lol

Last edited:

A modest round of style and feature improvements launched today. Much preferring these bolder colours and looking forward to seeing how I can leverage new referral functionality for an upcoming competition.

Still slowly growing! Quite a slow start to the new year but hoping to inject some cash in to advertising in coming weeks. Up to 600 threads/4000 messages. Made a few design changes also to make things a bit smoother for onboarding new users.

I've created a landing page to show a bit more about the forum. Using the API to grab threads and stats!
and the next step is to share it with the community :D

and the next step is to share it with the community :D
I'd imagine that you would use a "page" node to create a custom landing page and then include the "widget_forum_statistics" template which can be altered with css to change the look on that page. Not sure if this is the proper way but seems legit.

Launched 2 new features today:

I have collected some exclusive discounts (and still going!) from companies who are happy to create me a webwide coupon and sharing this with my members as a thank you for signing up. Member perks page for logged in users here: https://webwide.io/pages/perks/?ref=1

I also launched a "Refer a friend, we'll plant a tree" referral incentive program pledging to contribute 200 tree plantings via Offset Earth for the next 200 referrals.

If you're not a member yet and you sign-up from either of the above 2 links and make at least 5 posts you'll likely be the first to earn a tree.

Ditched the TH node icons plugin today and created a SVG sprite and a little custom code for more personalised icons:

Screenshot 2020-02-09 at 14.29.15.png

I am enjoying the look! Just debating whether to grey them out when the forums not in its unread state.

Given the layout a bit of a refresh and added a few new styles, I am finding the glowing unicorn one rather fun. 🦄

Screenshot 2020-02-14 at 04.17.10.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom