1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website, suddenly database error?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by onthefly, Mar 23, 2011.

1. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

Earlier today the site was working, now I get this error after being away for a couple hours,

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later. http://www.flytyingbug.com

cant get into anything, admin panel nothing, what do I do?

2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

interesting.. I go to http://www.flytyingbug.com/install and I get this.

Server Error

Server Error

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'internal-db.s110115.gridserver.com' (111)
    1. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() in/nfs/c07/h02/mnt/110115/domains/flytyingbug.com/html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 315
    2. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() in/nfs/c07/h02/mnt/110115/domains/flytyingbug.com/html/library/XenForo/Application.php at line 525
    3. XenForo_Application->loadDb()
    4. call_user_func_array() in /nfs/c07/h02/mnt/110115/domains/flytyingbug.com/html/library/XenForo/Application.php at line 752
    5. XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in /nfs/c07/h02/mnt/110115/domains/flytyingbug.com/html/library/XenForo/Application.php at line782
    6. XenForo_Application::get() in /nfs/c07/h02/mnt/110115/domains/flytyingbug.com/html/library/XenForo/Session.php at line 161
    7. XenForo_Session->__construct() in/nfs/c07/h02/mnt/110115/domains/flytyingbug.com/html/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 43
    8. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession() in/nfs/c07/h02/mnt/110115/domains/flytyingbug.com/html/library/XenForo/Controller.php at line 298
    9. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in /nfs/c07/h02/mnt/110115/domains/flytyingbug.com/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.phpat line 309
    10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in/nfs/c07/h02/mnt/110115/domains/flytyingbug.com/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /nfs/c07/h02/mnt/110115/domains/flytyingbug.com/html/install/index.php at line

onthefly likes this.
  3. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

So what do I do?

4. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I see.. you are using media temple and they apparently rent grid servers:
    http://mediatemple.net/webhosting/gs/

I would call media temple and ask if everything is ok. In addition I would try to log into your cpanel account and possibly try to use phpmyadmin to see if that is working. It could also be that the hosting provider has made adjustments on your server.

onthefly likes this.
  5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

This is the part I think is important:
    Something seems to be wrong with your mysql for some reason. My initial wild guess would be that some work was done on your server and something changed.

onthefly likes this.
  6. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

Now all of a sudden it is working again? WTF

7. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Intermittent database connection errors like this are usually nothing to worry about. Your host is probably performing maintenance. But if the error persists then you should contact your host as Dean suggests.

onthefly likes this.
  8. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

That confirms it, server issue..

onthefly likes this.
  9. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated. :)

Dean likes this.