Website issues, session table problems.

andrewkm

This has been happening to me not only with phpbb but with xenforo as well.
It has happened twice in total throughout my 16 months of hosting.
Once with phpbb and just now once with xenforo about a few days after my switch (from phpbb to xenforo)

Basically; entire site goes offline and the only way for me to fix it is to restart the vps, hop in phpmyadmin and run a table repair.

After restarting the vps the site comes back up but nothing works whatsoever and this error is shown.

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect key file for table './andymidu_xen/xf_session.MYI'; try to repair it
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/Session.php at line 690
  5. XenForo_Session->saveSessionToSource() in XenForo/Session.php at line 431
  6. XenForo_Session->save() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 403
  7. XenForo_Controller->updateSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 350
  8. XenForo_Controller->postDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 317
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/andymidu/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13
PHPmyadmin also shows this after table repair:
.xf_session repair warning Number of rows changed from 871 to 1186

After running the table repair the site is once again fully functional and all is perfectly well.
Any ideas "why" this happens however?

After running the table repair the site is once again fully functional and all is perfectly well.
Any ideas "why" this happens however?

This can occur when the temp. storage area runs out of space. If this is a recurring problem, you may want to check or consider increasing the space available to your tmp partition.

Also, see this thread; for this user it was a mod_security issue according to their host.

Mine happens this too, but I wonder why if copying to tmp table, my tmp is already exceeding the total size of database itself, e.g. database size = 9 GB, tmp dir of MySQL is 30 GB and keep raising. Isn't it weird?

Top Bottom