It has happened twice in total throughout my 16 months of hosting.
Once with phpbb and just now once with xenforo about a few days after my switch (from phpbb to xenforo)
Basically; entire site goes offline and the only way for me to fix it is to restart the vps, hop in phpmyadmin and run a table repair.
After restarting the vps the site comes back up but nothing works whatsoever and this error is shown.
Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect key file for table './andymidu_xen/xf_session.MYI'; try to repair it
- Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
- Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
- Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
- Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/Session.php at line 690
- XenForo_Session->saveSessionToSource() in XenForo/Session.php at line 431
- XenForo_Session->save() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 403
- XenForo_Controller->updateSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 350
- XenForo_Controller->postDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 317
- XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
- XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/andymidu/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13
.xf_session repair warning Number of rows changed from 871 to 1186
After running the table repair the site is once again fully functional and all is perfectly well.
Any ideas "why" this happens however?