Webdav on nginx...

I just bought Coda 2 for template and general development for my site and following the settings here: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/edit-xenforo-templates-using-editor.1433/ for connecting to my site via webdav. However, Coda is telling my it can't find what I am telling it (I get a 404 message).
It does work on my local Ubuntu box running Apache.....
Any ideas?

Code:
location / {
  root    /data/www;
  client_body_temp_path  /data/client_temp;

dav_methods  PUT DELETE MKCOL COPY MOVE;

create_full_put_path  on;
  dav_access            group:rw  all:r;

limit_except  GET {
    allow  192.168.1.0/32;
    deny  all;
  }
}
Is the example I found... but you have to make sure that nginx has the web-dav module compiled in.

Once again you have come to the rescue on nginx, thanks heaps. Will check things out, if I need to add the module I also add the one needed for digitalpoints user map addon....

Cheers

Aha, thanks - that'll do nicely. I compile nginx versus using a manager, part of the centmin project.

Just to note for anyone reading this thread in the future, that same error from PhpED can result from using nginx without the following rule:

Code:
rewrite ^/admindav.php /admindav.php;

Also the example brought up in this thread is for FTP-like use of webdav and has nothing to do with xenforo templates

Hey Bruce, did you get WebDAV successfully compiled with Nginx using Centmin?
Not yet, procrastinating a little bit. I need to check with George (Centmin) on how to get it done without upsetting the rest of the install or updateability....

Also the example brought up in this thread is for FTP-like use of webdav and has nothing to do with xenforo templates
Interesting, thanks Luke - I'll plus that in and see what happens....

Or just install the Axivo rpm. :giggle:
This is where I start to get in a gray area of my sysadmin knowledge.

Let's say I've installed Nginx and the rest of my web stack with Centminmod, then decide I want to upgrade or change my Nginx installation using yum with the Axivo repository. How does yum handle that situation? Does it touch Centminmod's compiled version? I've never really understood what would happen.

The advantage using rpm's versus pure compiled code is the ease of installing uninstalling the software. Let say you install an rpm and it does not suit your needs, you simply perform 'yum remove nginx' and every trace of your software is completely gone. Try to do this with source code.

One of my favourite reasons to use Arch Linux :)

You pretty much have to go out of your way to install something that's not package managed, whether built from source or not

The advantage using rpm's versus pure compiled code is the ease of installing uninstalling the software. Let say you install an rpm and it does not suit your needs, you simply perform 'yum remove nginx' and every trace of your software is completely gone. Try to do this with source code.
Yes, I know the differences; my question pertains to how installing something from a package will interact with or overwrite previous installations of the same software which were compiled from source.

Source and rpm's can co-exist. You just have to change the compile directories on source, for example use /usr/local instead of /usr. For myself, this is still a headache because I have to keep track of all manually installed files and remove them after. A quick example: if I want to debug Nginx, I simply install 'nginx-debug' from repo, do my tests and replace the rpm with 'nginx' or 'nginx-naxsi'. All this is done in a matter of 1 minute, while using the same config files.

Top Bottom