We would buy it, but...

Sar

1)
Q: Will it have a CMS, blog, gallery, etc?

A: Not initially. They are good candidates for expansions, but we need to make sure that we nail the core components and the forum first. That part needs to excel before it makes sense to expand.
I understand you cannot be more specific about this, but what this aprox. mean? Month(s), year(s), possibility of not develop it at all.

The thing is, we have switched couple of CMSs in past, and finally now have "vb cms" and can't just simply put forum on page, without cms.

Are you guys thinking if you cant develop it in some reasonable time frame, that you could at least provide login connection with some popular cmss, like drupal or joomla?

I mean, we d like to upgrade, but cant just dismissed blogs, galleries and cms content which we have.

2) Roadmap?

I have this bad habit of looking into everything when I visit a site : Server type, language used ... version..., location speed .... :eek: I just can't help it :D
Oh, I look at the portal eventually when I first visit a site but if I bookmark it, I bookmark the forum. Example, one of the forum's I have been a member of the longest (10 years now): TechSupportGuy, it's also been online for over 10 years. However, my bookmark reads: http://forums.techguy.org/ I do visit the portal from time to time, after all, 10 years is a long time and things do change, but most of the news is put in the announcement forum anyway. His site is 15 years old. I even remember his original portal...it was hand coded.

As for blogs, how many actually use them? And galleries, unless it's a photography or similar site, how active is it, a year later?
My users would kick my ass if I would tell 'em that our blogs and galleries had gone away. Without the galleries I could close down the forum.

This morning I received an announcement from MGSteve he was converting to this software. Hence my joining soon after.

I like the look and feel of this forum software - but I like Steve have a requirement for an integrated Gallery system. I'm currently using photopost - without the guarantee of this working with XenForo thenI can't make the leap.

My forum does not need to CMS, it can easily do without it except for financially. I use the CMS to generate cash flow to pay for the forum, and well thats how I keep my own lights on as well.

Having the information duplicated helps a huge amount. When I promote a thread I started in the sales are of the forum I have killed two birds with one stone. I have the front page getting the guests as customers and have made my members aware of a product.

My forum does not need to CMS, it can easily do without it except for financially. I use the CMS to generate cash flow to pay for the forum, and well thats how I keep my own lights on as well.

Similar, I need CMS in order to produce commercial sections on the site. I thought I was launching a local forum site back in 2009, but it took a slightly different direction with more traffic to the what’s on listings in the calendars and after upgrading to vB4 to the article pages as well.

I am hoping to build up the forums, because the XenAtendo events & calendar add-on auto creates an associated thread, which is displayed as part of the event listing too – woo hoo!

Plus the Contentteller CMS articles can be associated with a thread in xF, so comments go into and are displayed in the forums, but also they are displayed as comments in Ct – woo hoo!

BTW Jon, did you see Philipp’s latest reply to your question about manually ordering articles in the CMS instead of just bumping the date, over on the Ct forums? Only it looks like he’s offering to add the feature. :)

Similar, I need CMS in order to produce commercial sections on the site. I thought I was launching a local forum site back in 2009, but it took a slightly different direction with more traffic to the what’s on listings in the calendars and after upgrading to vB4 to the article pages as well.

I am hoping to build up the forums, because the XenAtendo events & calendar add-on auto creates an associated thread, which is displayed as part of the event listing too – woo hoo!

Plus the Contentteller CMS articles can be associated with a thread in xF, so comments go into and are displayed in the forums, but also they are displayed as comments in Ct – woo hoo!

BTW Jon, did you see Philipp’s latest reply to your question about manually ordering articles in the CMS instead of just bumping the date, over on the Ct forums? Only it looks like he’s offering to add the feature. :)

No, I didn't see that.

I will have to go look. I will have to admit that Contentteller is heavier than my needs but If it can cover my requirements I will use it.

No, I didn't see that.

I will have to go look. I will have to admit that Contentteller is heavier than my needs but If it can cover my requirements I will use it.

Yeah, there's a lot in it, but you only have to install the modules you need and add others later if needed, which is handy.

Also takes a while to find your away around it, but heck if I can do it, anyone can.
biggrin.png

Top Bottom