Watermarker [Deleted]

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 232995
  • Start date Start date
I don't want it to work with previously submitted attachments.
Why? I mean that is one of the best things from this addon. You can every time change the watermark and never lose original picture data.

But there is a other addon (https://xenforo.com/community/resources/tl-watermark.7380/) for watermarks that only touch new pictures.
But I don't know it leaves the original pictures untouched or read and saves them with the watermark.

Ahh, I see, I hadn't thought of it from that point of view... This is definitely a consideration, a thought I hadn't had yet. What about attachments that have a fixed watermark. Therefore, I revise my statement. There are good reasons for such a thing.

The free offering of this plugin is really cool and it works perfectly. I hope this feature will be added in the future.

Is there any way to run this without nearly doubling the size of our image storage? I'm guessing the answer is no, but I figured I'd ask, since we now have two directories over 100GB (attachments and watermarker) :oops:

Is there any way to run this without nearly doubling the size of our image storage? I'm guessing the answer is no, but I figured I'd ask, since we now have two directories over 100GB (attachments and watermarker) :oops:
Hello,

yes, there are pros and cons to everything... With this version, where the original image is not changed, it is the worst case, double used memory.

However, this add-on has a cron that is supposed to delete old files. Based on the option "Image cache refresh".
However, depending on the project, it may well be that deleting once a day is not enough. In this case, the cron should be edited and set to hourly, for example.

yes, there are pros and cons to everything... With this version, where the original image is not changed, it is the worst case, double used memory.

Ok, that's what I figured :)

However, this add-on has a cron that is supposed to delete old files. Based on the option "Image cache refresh".
However, depending on the project, it may well be that deleting once a day is not enough. In this case, the cron should be edited and set to hourly, for example.

When you say "old files", what exactly are you referring to?

Can you add a new variable option {currentusername}?

At this moment > We can use variable {forum}, {username}, {currentYear}, {uploadYear} or {uploadDate}.

Some time it’s very useful to add a watermark to check which user download and share a photo. You can check, if is a login user to add {currentusername} else board name or empty.

Thanks for yours great add-on.

Top Bottom