1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Watched Threads emails

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by eagle eyes, Dec 18, 2015.

1. eagle eyes

eagle eyes Active Member

Hello, some of my users have subscribed to watch threads and they are receiving emails. I would like to turn off all the users receiving such watch thread emails even if they have subscribed before, is there a query to do that.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. eagle eyes

eagle eyes Active Member

4. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Did you want to completely eliminate the Watched Thread function?
  5. eagle eyes

eagle eyes Active Member

I managed to disable email notifications related to watched threads, but users are stilling getting notification through alerts.. So and so user replied to this thread.

I still want to keep the watched thread functionality without notifications to emails (which is done) or alerts (not done yet).
  6. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I think to eliminate any email or alerts to watched threads, you will need to empty (aka truncate) the xf_thread_watch table using phpMyAdmin. Wait for confirmation from others before doing this.

Also if you want to remove links to "Watched Threads" you can install this add-on: