1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug Watch Thread does not change to Unwatch Thread when replying

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by japersonal, Dec 15, 2013.

1. japersonal

japersonal Member

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature request, but when I post a new reply to a thread for the first time, the status "Watch Thread" does not change to "Unwatch Thread" automatically. I have to reload the page in order to the "Unwatch Thread" link/status to be displayed.

Thank you. :)

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Posts are inserted via ajax so those links require a page refresh to update them.

3. japersonal

japersonal Member

Thanks for your reply, @Brogan.

I see... so if there is a way to "link" that link to the AJAX thing upon replies, might this be a feature request?

Probably not worth the time either way. :notworthy::confused:

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There would need to be a key added to AJAX requests that is checked for on response every time. This is the way the "New Posts" works, as well as new conversations and alerts.

japersonal likes this.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I take the point, but it's not really something we try to do - it generalizes to "anything on the page should update" (what if someone has liked a post I just read or it's been edited?) which is really beyond the scope of what we try to do.