1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Watch Items , Continue to Watch even if not visited

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by BradC, Aug 29, 2013.

1. BradC

BradC Member

Im new to XenForo

coming from VB , I would setup in the admincp to email a group email of new threads / replies ... I dont see that with Xenforo.

Way I understand how the "Watch" works is that a user will get an email initially of a new thread or post to their thread .. but they will not continue to receive alerts/emails unless they view the thread correct ?

In my scenario .. I need to alert/email even if they havent visited the thread ... Is that possible ?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There's currently no built-in method to do what you want.
  3. Main Company

Main Company Active Member

I'm seeking similar functionality as the OP
  4. Main Company

Main Company Active Member

I just stumbled upon an old one of @Jeremy 's posts that will allow me to achieve most of the functionality that I desire. From what I understand, this will allow Watched Threads to continue to produce alerts and email notifications, even if the watched thread remains unread by the watching member. Thanks @Jeremy.

I know others have been looking for similar functionality as I've seen quite a few other similar requests by other members here. Hence, i thought I would share what I found in hopes it helps others.